Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!  (Read 7302 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 11:58:16 PM »

If I may, for a moment, play Devils advocate?

I suspect from comments I overheard yesterday, that the difference (and therefore the reason for no comments at Crawley) is that we were away at Crawley and even the most blinkered individual would accept that you don't go out and attack to the same extent away as you (would like to hope that you) do at home.

Also, as with many a side, the proper moaners don't travel. I've been watching Alty for the best part of forty years and am entirely aware that, just as with a lot of other (particularly non-league) sides, there are a substantial number of individuals for whom a home fixture represents nothing more than a chance to (a) escape their domestic circumstance and (b) Have a bloody good moan.

However I fully defend the right of any fan to express their opinion on this or any other forum be it positive or negative so long as their argument is coherent and reasonably expressed, criteria which Cult seldom, if ever, fails to satisfy 

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 12:32:50 AM »

Therefore, forgive me if I am not doing Rod Thornleyesque cartwheels of delight just at the moment.

yeah but tbh you don't when were doing well either so no surprise there

How do you know?
Have you got a 'Supportercam' on me when Alty score?!

as heathcote said at his q&a night (which was largly unattended considering the amount of ppl who seam to be able to type critisim instaed of speak it)

I can assure you that I attended that Forum and listened intently to GH explaining his tactics and answering questions that reflected some of my concerns.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 07:57:37 AM »

I don't think you can be blamed for not making a change until 2-0 down when you concede at the end of the 1st half ?
Surely not ???

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »

Although disappointing to lose I think much of the criticism on here is unjust.
1. I though Rushden were very good at closing us down, simply giving us no room to pass the ball around midfield.  Even when the two wingers came on they were less effective than previously due to this closing down in the middle.  When you just cant pass nearby players all that we were left to do was hit it long.  For me a really good defensive performance from Rushden.

2. Nobody would be criticising McFadden if he had got to the ball after 30 seconds to make it 1-0.  He did track back but doesnt have the strength or skill to beat a number of players on the wing.  So what we really want it a combination of the two players Carlos MCLogan.

3.  Our defending in the last 5 mins of the first half was shocking, could have easily been 3 or 4 down, again given that it was only 1-0 I dont think a change in the first half would have been justified.

Heads up alty for tuesday.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Daycare Dan

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 01:23:06 PM »

I don't think you can be blamed for not making a change until 2-0 down when you concede at the end of the 1st half ?
Surely not ???

Gaz, I think people are going to have a pop no matter what. I admit to not agreeing with no wingers before the meeting with GH two weeks ago, but after hearing his reasoning behind this, while still not fully agreeing with it, I understand the logic behind it.

Guess some people on here like a good moan.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!