Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!  (Read 7303 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »

I see the apologists are out in force this evening. So, todays abysmal performance had nothing to do with team selection or tactics? Well, having had time to reflect on what was quite simply a crap match played between two crap teams and officiated by a crap, overweight and overfussy referee, here's what I think - we are f*****
I'm so sorry to the likes of Darren Tinson, Richard Acton and Ryan Shotton who played their hearts out today only to find that the reward for their efforts was to find a substandard bunch of players in front of them. The best player was on the bench as usual (AS IF WE ALL DON'T KNOW bar a few blinded individuals). I'm sorry to, to the 900 or so fans who attended this 'game'. You know, the only thing left to say is the obvious. People will vote with their feet on Tuesday - the attendance will be awful and we will lose again.

I know that I always defend the Ref in the same way that some people always blame the ref but I have to say that Mr Brown had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with us losing today and I think it is both grossly unfair and, if I may say so something of a cop out to criticise him.

In fact a number of the people I referred to earlier who always blame the Ref said to me that he was as good as they'd seen for a while.

As I say I know I'm always defending my colleagues in black but this is a forum where one can make ones opinions known so I am doing

markecky

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »

I see the apologists are out in force this evening. So, todays abysmal performance had nothing to do with team selection or tactics? Well, having had time to reflect on what was quite simply a crap match played between two crap teams and officiated by a crap, overweight and overfussy referee, here's what I think - we are f*****
I'm so sorry to the likes of Darren Tinson, Richard Acton and Ryan Shotton who played their hearts out today only to find that the reward for their efforts was to find a substandard bunch of players in front of them. The best player was on the bench as usual (AS IF WE ALL DON'T KNOW bar a few blinded individuals). I'm sorry to, to the 900 or so fans who attended this 'game'. You know, the only thing left to say is the obvious. People will vote with their feet on Tuesday - the attendance will be awful and we will lose again.

Completely over the top and perfect evidence of the hysterical nature that some of our fans have adopted.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 10:47:02 AM by markecky »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 11:43:14 AM »

I think sometimes we have to take a step back and look at it in isolation. That daft 5 minutes threw out any game plan there might have been. We were up in the game up until that point.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 12:42:29 PM »

Great as Pottsy is he can't make 90 mins at this level; whats the point in starting him and having him knackered after 30 mins?

Seriously, by your logic that Potts can only last for 30 minutes, is there really any point in having him at all?

As Ballers has said, how will we ever know just how much he can contribute?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

moousee

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 01:10:57 PM »

The team selection seemed in my opinion a bit odd, I think Pat can be quite dangerous up front, as his pace is a great asset, but on the wing it didn't really work. No way of finding out without trying though. I think that Logan looks class, but I genuinely can't remember him giving a semi decent cross at all, which surely is what is needed most. Surely no-one is under the impression that Potts can do 90 or even 60 minutes? He is the best player on the pitch for the 20 minutes after he comes on, but after that he struggles. Senior is looking great up front, he really chases that 'lost ball', and gives the threat that Oneil just hasn't been able to this season. I think Colin was frustrated at the poor supply he was receiving from midfield, which in my opinion comes from the fact that Whalley is out.

What really confused me yesterday was a member of the crowd screaming at GH after the second goal went in. Nothing to do with management, it was a panicked defence crumbling after a first half of near constant pressure. It was bizzare, and not I hope a sign of things to come.

I was disappointed at the long balls being played by the defence, Garry Scott in particular. The short ball is far better than a hopeful blast to a striker who is so short. Having said that, Garry had a brilliant game other than that, Shotten looks solid, Acton made a superb save, and senior scored another great goal. Lets see what happens on Tuesday!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »

Surely no-one is under the impression that Potts can do 90 or even 60 minutes? He is the best player on the pitch for the 20 minutes after he comes on, but after that he struggles.

Oh God.....Pottsy's durability has now gone done from 30 minutes to 20 minutes!

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

moousee

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »

Surely no-one is under the impression that Potts can do 90 or even 60 minutes? He is the best player on the pitch for the 20 minutes after he comes on, but after that he struggles.

Oh God.....Pottsy's durability has now gone done from 30 minutes to 20 minutes!

haha, ok, maybe i was a bit unfair there, but still i stand by the fact he couldn't really start

strong black coffee

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 01:30:40 PM »

Well, if it's durability we need, let's sack off Pottsy and bring in the Duracell Bunny. not sure what his ball skills are like but he goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on ..................................................... and on!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 05:46:33 PM »

Seriously, by your logic that Potts can only last for 30 minutes, is there really any point in having him at all?

As Ballers has said, how will we ever know just how much he can contribute?

Yes.

I'd rather have 30 mins of top class Pottsy than 90 minutes of average Pottsy with him being in their left backs pocket all afternoon.

What would you do, have a player who's not as good as Colin who does bolox all for 90 minuets, but plays the whole game?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 05:51:40 PM »

What would you do, have a player who's not as good as Colin who does bolox all for 90 minuets, but plays the whole game?

Alas, we seem to have a few of those already!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »

Alas, we seem to have a few of those already!

Jesus Christ! Is the cup always half empty?  ???

Perhaps some people on this forum should be Northwich fans; there is plenty of misery down the road you can wallow in.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 09:20:58 PM »

I'm an Altrincham supporter.

My team has lost six of the seven home matches they have played to date.

Therefore, forgive me if I am not doing Rod Thornleyesque cartwheels of delight just at the moment.

Indeed, in the wise words of Morrissey: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now.

That's all.

louise1925

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »

Wow Ecky thinks I'm hysterical! Maybe I just care too much and like Cult, I'm a bit miffed by the home defeat count. Personally, I think selecting McFadden instead of Logan is hysterical. Mind you it's a game of opinions and who knows, we might just play like we want to win on Tuesday. I'll be there anyway.
Funnily enough I wasn't blaming the ref for the defeat yesterday Tunnel Steward - clearly that was down to other factors. I just want to understand why some refs are intent to let games flow, while others love the sound of their own whistles - that's not too much to ask for surely.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 09:59:36 PM by louise1925 »

Alex

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 10:21:30 PM »

Therefore, forgive me if I am not doing Rod Thornleyesque cartwheels of delight just at the moment.

yeah but tbh you don't when were doing well either so no surprise there. as for the whole starting line up thing (and this shall be my last post on the subject and on the fourm for a while because it's to quaote longsden getting worse than the great youth invasion of the summer '07) i didn't read any complaints about 1) players 2) pat mc fadden 3) tactics last week when the same starting 11 won 1-0 at crawley amazing how there was no uproar about logan or potts not starting then i mean logan never made it off the bench (and the world didn't come to an end- ok a tad dramatic but meh) as a manger if u just got a win away at crawley in one of the best performances of the year would u change the line up? or hope they put in the same efforts they did the week before? as for the goals they came from defensive errors not a lack of wingers or a striker or even heatcote they came because tinno and shotton made a mistake -twice plus incase you hadn't noticed last year simon jackson is a good striker. as for the pottsy thing i think i was mis inturpreted so i will clarify when there left back is 100% at the start of a match he will eat pottsy alive because in this league most teams defenders have brillient pace and the guy they had on saturday was solid all game and pottsy or even logan wouldn't have had a massive impact on him in that game, now when this left back or any in the league (bar droylseden and vics and possibly stafford who are at our level of fitness so potts has more of a chance because in efect it is like playing a conf north game) is tierd and his legs are saying "god ref blow the whistle im a bit knackered here" then  the last thing they want to see is a 100% pottsy because then he has a chance to runat them when there tiered not when there fit and 100% (note and if pottsy started he would be tiered before the defender maybe not 30 mins in but the defender has the better staminer). now as for a general look of the last few weeks i think the team is starting to gel and as heathcote said at his q&a night (which was largly unattended considering the amount of ppl who seam to be able to type critisim instaed of speak it) this team for some reason wasn't gelling like teams of the past and has taken more time to get settled, now if we had lost to crawley and beaten rushden no one would be too bothered so look at it possitivly for once ppl we still got 3pts maybe not from the game we expected but who knows what tuesday will hold (apprt from the annual "i hate darrly clare" speech given by swayin dave as the starting line ups are announced *note* if ur near the back of the golf road as rafo is doing the announcements have a listen it might bring a smile to your face) anyways we need to get behind the lads on tuesday (with wingers or without them) and make a real good atmosphere last year there was nuffing better than tuesday nights at moss lane (and if i remember correctly we got some good result against halifax and cambridge).

end of novel see you in a month or two

WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I DON'T CARE AS LONG AS MY TEAM IS STILL THERE, I'LL FOLLOW THEM AROUND THIS LAND AND SAY PROUDLY I'M ALTY TILL I DIE 

dave the rave

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 10:46:57 PM »

i totally agree i say we put a winger on at the start and we may win come on alty!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!