Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!  (Read 7304 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Again we waited until we were losing until we brought on a winger. Today we again had a centre mid on one wing and a forward on the other. Also can we please have someone on the keeper on set pieces because surely thats a basic tatic. Shotten was 2 foot taller than the keeper, should have stuck him on the keeper. If we started more attacking against them we would have won, sorry but Pat is not good enough for the conference, Logan is better than the conference. I keep going home baffled !!!One good thing Senior started again instead of O'Neil. Sorry not much good to say about today, terrible. Shotten played excellent, great defender !!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Generally agree however defensive errors cost us. Peyton out of position and Mcfadden struggled on the wing. Senior and little got no service. Midfield struggled with Val generally last to the ball.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Again we waited until we were losing until we brought on a winger. Today we again had a centre mid on one wing and a forward on the other. Also can we please have someone on the keeper on set pieces because surely thats a basic tatic. Shotten was 2 foot taller than the keeper, should have stuck him on the keeper. If we started more attacking against them we would have won, sorry but Pat is not good enough for the conference, Logan is better than the conference. I keep going home baffled !!!One good thing Senior started again instead of O'Neil. Sorry not much good to say about today, terrible. Shotten played excellent, great defender !!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz www.bored.com

bighairedmike

I think you're wrong here. He is great at going forward but (like today) he can't always beat a conference standard defender by doing tricks/running the player down the wing. Also he can not defend. You can't play in league 1 or 2 with a winger that cannot defend as well as attack. That is common sense.

Daycare Dan

Sorry not much good to say about today, terrible.

So if we'd have gone ahead in the first half and it finished 2-2 would that still be terrible?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Sorry not much good to say about today, terrible.

So if we'd have gone ahead in the first half and it finished 2-2 would that still be terrible?

To have gone ahead in the first half would have required us actually having a shot on target.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

We lost today because we had a nabsolutely mental 5 minutes before half time when everyone started playing like clowns, in complete contrast to the rest of the half. We managed to give the ball away about 9 times in that period, never seen anything like it, a throw on the half way line back to Acton/Lane?tinson and bolloxed up cost us.

I've had a moan about GH before but today was nowt to do with tactic/attitude/selection etc it was down to mistakes, pure and simple. If I was GH I'd have stormed out as soon as that 2nd goal went in. How can you legislate for that?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile

I was surprised that McFadden was starting, as for me there is a lot of effort from him,but he is too lightweight for this league. Not his fault he is picked,but he does always give 100%.But today we didn't lose because we were too defensive....I mean,we nearly went into the lead after 20 SECONDS.The first goal came when Scotty should had got rid (his only mistake of the game,my MOM),while the second was suidcidal defending.We were in the last seconds of injury time,just kick it to the halfway line and go in at 1-0.

At the end of it all,we missed the chance to move out the bottom 4, but theres still 30 odd games to do that and a draw on Tuesday will give us the 4 points that most people would had been happy with before last week
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Have to agree re. McFadden.

No criticism of his effort but he is simply not good enough or physically strong enough for this league.

Is he any better than, say, Lugsden or Hendley?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altyf

Quite simply, no...he was in my opinion the one with the least potential out of those 3 and I would have much rather seen Lugsden or Hendley stay...sorry but he's too weak, his awarness is apalling both on and off the ball and Grahams given gim his chance. However, Grahams team selction/tactics had nothing to do with todays loss, as mentioned it was the team falling asleep at the end of the half. Unfortunately, today we really needed some strength  and height up front, and that big striker would have once again made a massive difference....if only we could be gifted with a tall striker!!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 09:22:43 PM »

No, but he's shorter!
Full time and proud of it

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »

I see the apologists are out in force this evening. So, todays abysmal performance had nothing to do with team selection or tactics? Well, having had time to reflect on what was quite simply a crap match played between two crap teams and officiated by a crap, overweight and overfussy referee, here's what I think - we are f*****
I'm so sorry to the likes of Darren Tinson, Richard Acton and Ryan Shotton who played their hearts out today only to find that the reward for their efforts was to find a substandard bunch of players in front of them. The best player was on the bench as usual (AS IF WE ALL DON'T KNOW bar a few blinded individuals). I'm sorry to, to the 900 or so fans who attended this 'game'. You know, the only thing left to say is the obvious. People will vote with their feet on Tuesday - the attendance will be awful and we will lose again.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:13:46 PM by louise1925 »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »

^^^^ completely agree.

Why has no one else mentioned the constant hoofing the ball up from defence to our midget forwards (even more than usual). My only explanation is that the defence had little faith in the midfield to distribute/get rid so did it themselves. Peyton is not a central midfielder and was constantly pushed off the ball/too slow. Neither Peyton nor Val are great passers of the ball - so where do the forwards get service from? Certainly not from the'wingers'. Why is Sedgemore on the bench? Playing Pat in midfield is just ridiculous when Logan or Peyton could play there much better.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »

I see the apologists are out in force this evening.

Realists mate.

Having listened to Cote the other Wednesday I understand a lot better why we are playing the way we do with the players we do. Yes, I'd LOVE to see Logan & Potts start all the games and play like Brazil '70. But it's not going to happen, Logan never seams to deliver the final ball and does little in the way of getting back to help our left back out. Great as Pottsy is he can't make 90 mins at this level; whats the point in starting him and having him knackered after 30 mins?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 09:55:38 AM »

We#ll never know if Pottsy can play 90 mins at this level or not though will we?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I know, lets wait until we are 2-0 down and then put a winger on !??!?!!?!