PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Knobsock Makes Good ?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Knobsock Makes Good ?  (Read 4034 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Knobsock Makes Good ?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 01:30:53 AM »

ATS was asked his opinion as a ref and given two outcomes in the Saunders case :-
Unsporting conduct / yellow at best or violent conduct / red at worst. I agree.
The ref must decide which one applies. In the Saunders case is it a cheeky (unsporting move) or is it an act of violence, bearing in mind all the things that are deemed as violent ?

Playing the ball off another players legs would seem like a 'legal' move to me, but it's a different situation to one where play is re-started by a throw-in / free kick etc.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:38:19 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »

Christ, if that's violent conduct then Ken Dodd should have been done years ago, not for squirrelling his financial nuts under the stairs, but for assault with a deadly weapon (namely the extremely violent and dangerous tickling stick).

Too much of what is wrong with the modern game is making it into an almost non-contact sport where effete individuals perform manoeuvres more suitable to the royal ballet as the merest brush of an opponents shirt sends them somersaulting to the ground with what appears to be life-threatening injuries. They all NEED a fecking good slap.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »

I once used a rugby ball to make contact with a pretty nasty right hook. got away without reprimand because the referee didn't quite know what i had done wrong.

I imagine if this happened in a game now it would have that effect from your average ref.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 05:01:01 PM »

Christ, if that's violent conduct then Ken Dodd should have been done years ago, not for squirrelling his financial nuts under the stairs, but for assault with a deadly weapon (namely the extremely violent and dangerous tickling stick).

Too much of what is wrong with the modern game is making it into an almost non-contact sport where effete individuals perform manoeuvres more suitable to the royal ballet as the merest brush of an opponents shirt sends them somersaulting to the ground with what appears to be life-threatening injuries. They all NEED a fecking good slap.

Uncle G

I was not saying that it particularly WAS Violent Conduct, merely that some people, by way of stretching a point almost until it snaps might choose to consider it so.

For what it's worth, as an individual football fan I agree entirely with your second paragraph but please don't tell the FA I said so :)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »

Uncle G

I was not saying that it particularly WAS Violent Conduct, merely that some people, by way of stretching a point almost until it snaps might choose to consider it so.

For what it's worth, as an individual football fan I agree entirely with your second paragraph but please don't tell the FA I said so :)

LOL....fair enough.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Knobsock Makes Good ?