PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Poor lambs.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Poor lambs.....  (Read 5952 times)

taxi Phil

Poor lambs.....
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:59 PM »

"Aleks Kolarov added to City's injury nightmare as he limped off in Serbia's defeat by Portugal" according to the pitiful Manchester Weekly News.

Pellegrini wants to get his arse down to our place if he wants to know what an REAL injury nightmare is. He must be down to his last 20 fit internationals. Pathetic.

GB Alty

Re: Poor lambs.....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »

"Aleks Kolarov added to City's injury nightmare as he limped off in Serbia's defeat by Portugal" according to the pitiful Manchester Weekly News.

Pellegrini wants to get his arse down to our place if he wants to know what an REAL injury nightmare is. He must be down to his last 20 fit internationals. Pathetic.
to be fair how many contracts has Pellegrini given out without seeing players play?

Whatever you say we have hamstrung ourselves due to signing poor players in the summer

Also this running with a small squad is bullsh*t if the quality isn't there

20/20
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:10:29 PM by Ham »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:13:15 PM »

Yet again Jamie your continuous sniping and nit picking is becoming more than a little tiresome.

You claim to support the team, you looked like you were last night (in spite of saying that you wouldn't be attending) so why not just give it and the rest of us a break?    please

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:17:45 PM »

Yet again Jamie your continuous sniping and nit picking is becoming more than a little tiresome.

You claim to support the team, you looked like you were last night (in spite of saying that you wouldn't be attending) so why not just give it and the rest of us a break?    please
I always support the team lad, have done for 35 years

I have my right to opinion though

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:21:16 PM »

I always support the team lad, have done for 35 years

I have my right to opinion though

true - but cheer them up yeah.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 10:21:26 PM »

It's a fair point though.

The original one about Pelligrini was daft but this is all chickens coming home to roost.

The actual injury crisis is not overly that bad. Its not extreme, the problem is we only signed one good outfield player this summer.

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 11:33:07 PM »

The original one about Pelligrini was daft but this is all chickens coming home to roost.

The actual injury crisis is not overly that bad. Its not extreme, the problem is we only signed one good outfield player this summer.

It is though. If the manager chooses to run with a small squad then so be it. Yes, we saw the possible implications last year, but we never had a severe injury crisis. We all said, "What would happen if we got two or 3 serious injuries?" but it never happened. Having 6 youth team players on the bench and four "forwards" starting with only 2 defenders seems pretty extreme to me.

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »

if I was pellegrini I would be pissed off that that  silva aguero and kolarov were injured knowing Alty have more injuries wouldn't make me feel better

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:50:37 AM »

It is getting very annoying and feedback on these pages does indicate people are getting fed up with it and are more reluctant to visit the site (not just you, Ham, others guilty as well)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »

It is though. If the manager chooses to run with a small squad then so be it. Yes, we saw the possible implications last year, but we never had a severe injury crisis. We all said, "What would happen if we got two or 3 serious injuries?" but it never happened. Having 6 youth team players on the bench and four "forwards" starting with only 2 defenders seems pretty extreme to me.

Having 6 youth team players involved doesn't mean the injury crisis is extreme!!! It means the squad isn't strong enough.

We've only got 11 good outfield players.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 11:54:24 AM »

Having 6 youth team players involved doesn't mean the injury crisis is extreme!!! It means the squad isn't strong enough.

It means the squad isn't big enough. And I agree with you. We'll have to agree to disagree on whether its extreme or not though, because I feel 1/3 of the squad being injured is extreme. If you took 5/6 first teamers out of any side then they'd struggle.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »

[quote autwehor=Ballers link=topic=20643.msg239579#msg239579 date=1444857686]

[/quote]we haven't got 11 fit good outfield players

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 04:05:09 PM »

It means the squad isn't big enough. And I agree with you. We'll have to agree to disagree on whether its extreme or not though, because I feel 1/3 of the squad being injured is extreme. If you took 5/6 first teamers out of any side then they'd struggle.

I've possibly not made myself clear enough. Tuesday was a bit of an odd one in that we did indeed have Marshall, Densmore, Griffin, Richman, Parry and Crowther missing (I'm not really including Stu here) the point is that four of those will be back Saturday. If we had a better squad Densmore wouldn't have been rushed back and now out for a bit longer.

We've only really got Stu and Masha out long term and Clee's been out for a bit longer than usual. That's not extreme it's par for the course.

Extreme was the other year when Johnson, Doughty, Kearney and someone else I can't remember were all out with serious long term injuries.

I think it's the lack of quality that's doing for us but hey we don't know the ins and outs. The 12/13 good players might leave us right on the limit financially and having to be supplemented by JS, Bowerman etc as cheaper fillers.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 04:46:39 PM »

Perhaps its time to review our transfer policy - it may well have outlived its usefulness for us.  (This is a club decision, not a Lee decision by the way).

Some facts - we are a part time club, we do not pay transfer fees.  We have a small squad

Consequences - if we recruit someone from the Football League, this will involve them going through a change of life from FT to PT.  This is most likely to occur at end of career.  And will therefore be fraught with risk.  Take Peter Cavanagh as an example - if we had signed him this year he would have been gone in weeks to Everton.  Griffith is another example - if he was still fully fit he would have stayed full time and therefore not joined us (not exonerating him from blame here at all)

If we do not pay transfer fees, we cannot identify a player at a club who would fit our style perfectly and then go after them - unless we know for sure they are about to come out of contract.

We have a small squad because this is the way to raise the quality of the average player in the squad, and as such makes sense

But all of the above means we are limited (and always will be limited) to those players who are free agents and who wish to play part time.  And because we are only recruiting a small number of players the risk of error is much greater. One duffer stands out much more readily.

Perhaps it is time, in order to make sure of the continued onwards progression of the club, to widen the potential acquisition base for players and consider the paying of transfer fees for those players we beleive will fit into our system.  To be able to say (for example) "we need a defensive midfielder, and Joe Bloggs at Conf North FC is perfect, so lets go and get him takes away the risk for those key positions.  Our current process is too open to abuse and to error in my view

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 04:56:40 PM »

I'm in the minority here that thinks the problem is as much to do with balance than it does quality and numbers a squad of 2 keepers 7 defenders 7 midfield  and with us only playing 1 upfront  3 forwards would be more balanced
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:06:21 PM by Jimmy »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Poor lambs.....