News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The match after the match

Author Topic: The match after the match  (Read 3361 times)

taxi Phil

« on: July 24, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »

What a pleasure to see some of those familiar old faces. Particular mention of two for me. Barry Shuttleworth, a very underrated player when he was here, and who had misfortune with injuries. A favourite of mine who I didn't expect to see again.

But especially Val Owen. Nothing seemed to have changed. Twice during that game he played the killer short pass we used to take for granted last time we were in BSN, and also a couple of trade mark one-twos. It was a privilege to see him for those 20 minutes, and turn my mental clock back 8 years.

Dougals Dad

Re: The match after the match
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:10:33 AM »

Who else played?

Agreed about Shuttley - decent player

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:15:01 AM »

Danny admas looked to be in his usual fine pre season shape but i think will be fit in time for the season kick off......colin little looked sharp....bit worried about bandy who seems to have actually gained a bit of pace......Chris admas still knows how to find row z when he's looking for the popular side........steve aspinall  had a good probing game from right back centre midfield forward....disgraceful challenge from scotty gave away a penalty followed by his incredulous "WHAT!!!!" to the ref proves discipline has not improved under the 'cote who prowled the touchline looking for any flaws in the refs performance.....nice to see bernard at the game as well.

What was clear was the team spirit that was around particularly in that play off promotion season.....great to see these lads back in alty shirts...a real privellege.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:07:12 AM »

What a pleasure to see some of those familiar old faces. Particular mention of two for me. Barry Shuttleworth, a very underrated player when he was here, and who had misfortune with injuries. A favourite of mine who I didn't expect to see again.

But especially Val Owen. Nothing seemed to have changed. Twice during that game he played the killer short pass we used to take for granted last time we were in BSN, and also a couple of trade mark one-twos. It was a privilege to see him for those 20 minutes, and turn my mental clock back 8 years.

Barry is still playing......in the Vodkat League for Ramsbottom United.A nice guy & a good player.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »

Couple of things from the game

1. Phil Power still hasn't aged. Looked 40 in 99, looks 40 now!! (though browner still,if that was possible)
2. Eddie Hussin - Might have put on a few lbs since he retired, but I wouldn't mess around with him
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:19:36 AM »

Did anyone else think phill power has lost weight since he was playing?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »

I'm with Nasha on this one, looked exactly the same to me
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team