PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Jake Moult  (Read 12014 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Moult
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »

What's surprised me seeing that is that we've won 4 drawn 3 and lost 1 in our last 8 games in all competitions.

What is say, and chatting to Jimmy, Pete and Ecky about this is that with the way we play being a bit more football than a lot of teams it takes time for players to fit in. We're quick to judge players (me included) when they come but it's often they just look a bit of a fish out of water. It's actually easier in my experience to fit into direct teams.

I don't think Josh O'Keefe or Jordan Sinnott are world beaters but both having had a regular run in the side (be it due to injuries or whatever) both seem to have found their role somewhat.

You could possibly extend that to a couple of others in the squad like Richman and Griffin (although in Richmans case I think this was due to being surrounded by poor players in Lee Sinnott's first season).

Moult too arguably went missing for a while in his Alty career til he seemed to reinvent himself into the Boshell type holding midfielder we are seeing now.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2015, 01:46:53 AM »

I think our position at the moment probably reflects our playing budget - just my guess of course.

It would be interesting to see the 'budget' league table versus the final league table come May 2016............I bet they would be very similar; with the one off exception of one team up the top end who shouldn't be there 'budget wise' and one down at the bottom who shouldn't be there either.

The playing budget is clearly the most significant factor in today's Conference football (assuming the manager knows how to spend the money and assemble a team week in-week out).......I assume FGR are not challenging for the title as a result of paying players moderate wages and training Tuesday night.

With more players available for selection (less bad luck with injuries), then we would be hovering around 14th - 15th, which I would consider to be 'punching above our weight' in this division as it stands at the moment. We can beat Grimsby; Cheltenham, Tranmere etc on our day, but we are also capable of being tonked at home every so often by Ragged-Arse Rovers..........a feature of part-time clubs and this division in general
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 04:44:49 PM »

Sorry for the delay, not been on here since I posted. 

The reliable source was the Chair of the Barnsley Supporters Trust who is also the Vice Chair of the FSF.  He isn't known for banding around rumours.  He is someone who I have known for years and I would consider him to be reliable.

He didn't name Jake but said that Barnsley were very interested in our number 4 and that they were looking to sign a number of non league players.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »

The reliable source was the Chair of the Barnsley Supporters Trust who is also the Vice Chair of the FSF.  He isn't known for banding around rumours.  He is someone who I have known for years and I would consider him to be reliable.

He didn't name Jake but said that Barnsley were very interested in our number 4 and that they were looking to sign a number of non league players.

With all due respect that doesn't mean he has any ideas of Barnsley's managements intentions or targets.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »

With all due respect that doesn't mean he has any ideas of Barnsley's managements intentions or targets.

But he'd be much more likely to know someone that does...

GB Alty

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »

sounds like fan talk to me, probably started on the cheques end on 7th November

Ashley Alty

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 10:13:52 PM »

Fair enough.  We'll have to wait and hope that he stays at Moss Lane.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jake Moult