PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 mosslane goal glut
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: mosslane goal glut  (Read 4047 times)

thegazelle

mosslane goal glut
« on: July 21, 2007, 05:40:57 PM »

rumour has it 5-4 to us  and it was 3each after 20 minutes settle for that for the next 20 games or as brian sweeney would have said "bloody rubbish we are letting in too many goals"

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: mosslane goal glut
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »

it was shockingly entertaining. much more of this and people will be coming to games.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 08:26:23 PM »

One of those games that entertain the spectators but probably drive the respective managers to despair.

Highlights were a nice (dare I say it) Heathcote-esque free kick from Sedgemore and an exquisite finish by Colin Little for the fifth goal.

Would I be correct in thinking that most of the Rotherham goals came via attacks down their right wing?

Has anyone on here mentioned that Alty could do with a left full back by any chance....?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »

Agree with you that Warren struggled today. But hey Cult, you forgot to mention our left winger, who ran their full back a merry dance.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 11:54:22 PM »

A very entertaining game, at the end I heard 3-4 Miller fans commenting on how they could not face there mates being beaten by a part time team! Brilliant.

The whole squad is playing with purpose and we have better players in than have left, Lane was superb today.

LB position is the one to solve, Warren was exposed a few times today and did not Mark the players near him.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 12:09:20 AM »

I think th ewhole defence was exposed today. the midfield four of Potts Sedgemore baguley and Senior is quite attack minded. We would be tighter with Val or RObbie playing. Have to say I fairly chortled my way through the match at how entertainng the game was.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 12:36:04 AM »

Agree with you that Warren struggled today. But hey Cult, you forgot to mention our left winger, who ran their full back a merry dance.

I don't have a problem with Chris Senior as a left winger, as he gives us some much-needed pace down the flank.
It's just that I don't regard him as a central striker and still believe that we need another option in that department.

That was a very attacking formation that we began with against Rotherham.....and I doubt that we'd start any away games with both Potts and Senior out on the wings!

Just wish that we could unearth a proper left back in order to free up Peyton for potential midfield duties.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:26:57 AM »

Alas, Cavell Coo, having been played centre midfield this week, dows not appear to be the left back we are looking for.
Anyone else out there worth looking at?

louise1925

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 09:42:52 AM »

I think Ballers is spot on. You'd just love to see that midfield formation start every match for Alty, but we'd be seeing a lot of 6-6 results. It's a pity, because Chris Baguely is a fine player - great passer, who actually looks up before he distributes the ball, but can't see him and Jake in the same team.
So far, I'd go with,
Coburn Lane Peyton Tinson Munroe Owen Sedgemore Lawton Senior ONeil Little Subs Rose Baguely Potts Thornley Acton

Altysmiffy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 11:32:17 AM »

Next choice: with Tinson first choice centre half,  who partners him; Rose or Munroe?

I think Rose is Mr Consistency & I'd go for him.

Any thoughts?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 11:35:32 AM »

I agree, I'd go for Rose too. I thought Munroe had a particularly poor game yesterday and was at fault for a couple of the goals.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 12:47:24 PM »

I think GH is going to go with Karl rather than Rosie. If Karl can keep his head in games (St. Albans?!?!) then him and Tinson could be a good partnership.

lukealty12

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 09:41:42 AM »

wheres tinson been last to friendlys?

chrisrufc

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »

I really enjoyed Saturday, it was a good afternoon out.

If both teams defend like that this season then im going to have a nervous breakdown

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 10:52:20 AM »

wheres tinson been last to friendlys?

He is currently on holiday.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 mosslane goal glut