PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Striker - Could it be Senior?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Striker - Could it be Senior?  (Read 5606 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:52:03 AM »

Just seen the lads training, and Chris senior was there!

This is the first time I have seen him down at training this season!

Could he be the one?

louise1925

Re: New Striker - Could it be Senior?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 10:58:49 AM »

Don't want to jump to conclusions, but signing him would give us a better than even chance of survival.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »

did you notice anyone left footed that could defend ?

PS: I am not in the band of "We must sign one" as I don't think Peyton did a bad job at all but would like to see him in left midfield

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 11:27:25 AM »

Totally agree with you Gaz. Warren did a magnificent job for us at left back last season, but if he prefers to play in midfield then so be it. Besides, another left footed player would provide us with more balance. It does look as if this mysterious defender we may be about to sign is actually a left back, as we already have three decent centre backs and three right backs on the books. Is that Tim Ryan (local lad ex Southport) available, or has he found a club yet?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 04:10:54 PM »

Personally, I hope that the promised new striker is not Chris Senior.

Too small for my liking.....and doesn't really give us a different option.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 04:52:07 PM »

How can pace not give us a different option? It was a major thing we lacked last season and when Chris Senior joined us we shot up the table.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 05:02:47 PM »

How can pace not give us a different option? It was a major thing we lacked last season and when Chris Senior joined us we shot up the table.

Sorry, just not a fan of Senior.

He might well add pace on the wing but I don't regard him as a central striker.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 05:12:11 PM »

I take your point that a target man would be useful and Senior doesn't score many goals. However, you can't deny that we lacked both pace and width last season and looked better for having him in the team.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 05:22:50 PM »

I take your point that a target man would be useful and Senior doesn't score many goals. However, you can't deny that we lacked both pace and width last season and looked better for having him in the team.

You are absolutely correct regarding the dearth of pace and width in the team last season.
Would prefer to see us sign a target man....but Senior could be an option on the left wing.

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 05:23:52 PM »

If we sign a decent left back i would like to see warren on the left wing, and if we do sign senior have him start on the right so robbie could be brought inside

altyf

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 06:24:11 PM »

i hope that senior does sign because i rate him as a winger and as a striker when we are desperate....however, i dont want this rumoured striker who is to be signed on monday to be senior because i agree with cult that he doesnt offer another option

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »

He might well add pace on the wing but I don't regard him as a central striker.

Surely that's Joe O Neill? Little and O Neill would be our starting strikers with Rod and Pat as back up. Joe is a decent target man I would say. I think he'd be a good signing. Its another attacking option, a good wide player and fairly pacey and tricky. We do need options next season if we are to survive.

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 09:52:32 PM »

I was thinking exactly the same thing about Joe. There was a game at the back end of last season when he scored a brilliant header from a pinpoint cross and I thought to myself, you know this guy might get some more goals if he receives some decent service from the wings. I just don't understand at all the posters, who suggest Chris Senior has nothing new to offer us. Pace, width, somebody who can cross the ball for Joe and Col - how many reasons do you want? I pray the mystery striker is Chris Senior, because I really believe it would go some way to guaranteeing our survival. Anyway, as this thread proves, football is a game of opinions and at least we can all be decent about it, unlike a great deal that has gone on on the Southport forum recently - sickening stuff.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »

If Senior is avalable he would be an assett. He can offer width (right or left) and pace.

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 10:43:53 PM »

I agree with everybody on here about senior (this may sound strange but...). I hope he is the one signed as he is quality and gives new options down the flanks and isnt afraid to cut inside, attack defenders and have a sh*t. I also hope that it isnt him but a big target man (bigger than joe) who can lay off and have a dig as well. (someone like thompson but not with the same mindset). If we could sign senior and A.N Other that would be great, so i'm in two minds about this one but i dont know. time will tell.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team