PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trains to Mansfield
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trains to Mansfield  (Read 3806 times)

Longman

Re: Trains to Mansfield
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »

I have never been on the coach. The no booze rule puts me off and they always leave straight after the game, so there is no chance to have a look around or visit local pubs. But i might give it a go this time. I don't like missing FA Cup games.

That's the reason I never use the coach as well, I would like to as I know it is more helpful to the club etc, however I just find it too restrictive and I like to drink!

Getting the train to Oxford with a slab of lager!

markecky

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »

I have never been on the coach. The no booze rule puts me off and they always leave straight after the game, so there is no chance to have a look around or visit local pubs. But i might give it a go this time. I don't like missing FA Cup games.

That's the reason I never use the coach as well, I would like to as I know it is more helpful to the club etc, however I just find it too restrictive and I like to drink!

Getting the train to Oxford with a slab of lager!

Sadly the no alcohol rule is the norm on football coaches.  As well as being prohibited by 99% of coach companies its also against the law to drink on a vehicle heading to a designated sporting event.  A fine for the organiser and the driver.

And as for leaving straight after, we have always found people want to get home to families/own boozers/nights out etc.

We do try to arrive around 1:45 to allow for a few pre match pints.

SAMMY

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

Stags fan in peace here . Hopefully able to give you guys some useful info for the 24th, and not get involved in some of the "banter" that has gone off since last week .
 FAO Taxi Phil; There is a railway station in Mansfield now . It is only 2 minutes walk from Field Mill, and just outside the station , on Station Street, you will find the Railway Inn, where you can get a decent meal, various real ales, and away fans are always welcome . For anyone coming by coach, if they drop you off behind the away end at the North Stand, you just head back across the retail park , past the left side of  Burger King and over the footbridge . Then go along the front of the other retail park(St Peters) . When you reach the end of the shops , continue downhill towards town, and the Railway is a few yards down on the right . It is just over 5 minutes walk from the away end . 
Anyone coming by coach who is not too bothered about real ale can go in the supporters bar at Field Mill, although even there they do a nice pint of Greene King IPA .
The bar is called the Sandy Pate lounge , and is about two thirds of the way along the main (West) stand.
Hope to see some of you on the 24th, and may the best team win.

markecky

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »

Stags fan in peace here . Hopefully able to give you guys some useful info for the 24th, and not get involved in some of the "banter" that has gone off since last week .
 FAO Taxi Phil; There is a railway station in Mansfield now . It is only 2 minutes walk from Field Mill, and just outside the station , on Station Street, you will find the Railway Inn, where you can get a decent meal, various real ales, and away fans are always welcome . For anyone coming by coach, if they drop you off behind the away end at the North Stand, you just head back across the retail park , past the left side of  Burger King and over the footbridge . Then go along the front of the other retail park(St Peters) . When you reach the end of the shops , continue downhill towards town, and the Railway is a few yards down on the right . It is just over 5 minutes walk from the away end . 
Anyone coming by coach who is not too bothered about real ale can go in the supporters bar at Field Mill, although even there they do a nice pint of Greene King IPA .
The bar is called the Sandy Pate lounge , and is about two thirds of the way along the main (West) stand.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sour Grapes

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 02:07:56 PM »

In peace?  its only a bit of fun between fans for heavens sake!!

SAMMY

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 03:17:19 PM »

Steady on there Grapesey boy (Girl ?) . My first line was a bit tongue in cheek . If you visit many other clubs forums, (and not justAltrincham's  ,which you seem to have taken a real shine to) you will see this is a standard sort of greeting.
I just thought i would start with it by way of a contrast to some of the crap that has been flying around on here all week .
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trains to Mansfield