PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Training 1st Team
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Training 1st Team  (Read 3912 times)

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Training 1st Team
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »

Were do they train now.and what nights ? would like to go and see them.

Hamilton

Re: Training 1st Team
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »

Are they still at BTH on a Tues (when no fixture) and Thurs?

or, I remember a wee while ago, fans were asked to help clear the pitch at a school in Wythenshawe?

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:35:49 PM »

Do you what the School called. and were it is???

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »

Do you what the School called. and were it is???

If you call the club on 0161-928-1045 they should be able to advise you.

bumble

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »

Do you what the School called. and where it is???

Newall Green

Come off the motorway as if youre going to Civic centre but turn right then follow yhe road up and you should see it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »

The first team train in an enclosed complex, it was alright 20 years ago when they trained on the pitch and anyone could wander in, things have moved on a bit, I'm not sure they'd be delighted at having an audience at training. I admire the enthusiasm, but I don't think they are public sessions

Beaver

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:43:23 PM »

The first team train in an enclosed complex, it was alright 20 years ago when they trained on the pitch and anyone could wander in, things have moved on a bit, I'm not sure they'd be delighted at having an audience at training. I admire the enthusiasm, but I don't think they are public sessions

Seems bizarre. Europe embraces it. I think its a step forward not a step back. Admittedly its more important to get people to watch the actual matches than training sessions at our level. And as we dont train often enough to have open and closed sessions there's another issue.

There would be outrage in Spain and Italy if doors were closed regularly.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »

Seems bizarre. Europe embraces it. I think its a step forward not a step back. Admittedly its more important to get people to watch the actual matches than training sessions at our level. And as we dont train often enough to have open and closed sessions there's another issue.

There would be outrage in Spain and Italy if doors were closed regularly.
i didn't know it had even moved from moss lane ! Used to go and watch them as a young lad train the days of andy green !
ParkINson's red and white army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »

I suspect one potential issue in all this may be that we are currently playing in a Regional League so it would not be TOO difficult for teams we were playing to just tip up, watch us train and then be able to go off and work out ways to counteract us, deal with our set pieces etc.

I can remember a fairly long time back, when Kingy was manager and the team trained on Moss Lane, the gates being locked regularly for this precise reason

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »

They wouldn't want everyone seeing how deadly we are from corners!  ::)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:43:07 PM »

I used to go to watch training most Thursday nights at Moss Lane when I was a kid in the 70s - a bunch of us would meet up and retrieve the ball(s) from Golf Road after wayward shots. Always had good banter with Peter Eales. Happy days!

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 06:49:55 PM »

Thanks for info.i will ring the Club.best bet

markecky

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 06:56:47 PM »

I used to watch training at Moss Lane in the 90's as well, as it was a change from standing outside Thresher and a chance to spend some more time in my favourite place.

I doubt the manager would be too arsed if people watched but it's really not much of a spectacle.

You did however used to see some stuff that maybe you shouldn't.  Arguments between players etc...

I once saw Charlie Bradshaw insult Joe Paldinos mother and Joe set off after him to kill him. 

Bradshaw legged it at 100mph down the tunnel and out of the ground, with Joe pounding after him like the incredible Hulk.  We went to the top of the stand and you could see them passing the Moss!  Christ knows how that got sorted out by quietly spoken Gerry Quinn!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 07:14:29 PM »

Back in the 60's they use to train on the pitches down the bottom of Urban Drive by BTH I used to give the Winger (think his name was Ronnie Taylor) a crossbar on my bike down from the ground to pitches - The trainer used to bollock us as the run down there was part of the warm ups.

Happy days sadly long gone

;)

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »

used to pop down at times myself.  A bit off topic but I used to love watching the reserves at Moss Lane.  I think we got a couple of hundred for the home games, that's the way it seemed to me at the time.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Training 1st Team