News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tram to Droylsden.

Author Topic: Tram to Droylsden.  (Read 1477 times)

bighairedmike

Tram to Droylsden.
« on: March 04, 2013, 01:42:33 PM »

Just been having a quick look at how far the ground is from the metrolink station and it looks to be about a 5 minute walk.

I'm not 100% sure whether you come out of the station onto Market Street or Ashton Road (Google maps doesn't show the met line at all.) However, if you exit onto Ashton Road (as it looks like) then take a right and then a right again onto Market street and just follow it straight up. The ground is about 350 yards up on the left hand side.

If you are fancying a pint on the way to the ground then, as has been put on here already, The Beehive is on the left hand side as you walk up, and slightly further up towards the ground is The Kings Head, a Holts pub which is right on the corner of the ground.

Admission prices at Droylsden are as follows:

Adults £10.00
Concessions £6.00 ( senior citizens, students juniors 16-18 )
Under 16s £2.00

bumble

Re: Tram to Droylsden.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »

Just been having a quick look at how far the ground is from the metrolink station and it looks to be about a 5 minute walk.

I'm not 100% sure whether you come out of the station onto Market Street or Ashton Road (Google maps doesn't show the met line at all.)]I'm not 100% sure whether you come out of the station onto Market Street or Ashton Road (Google maps doesn't show the met line at all.) However, if you exit onto Ashton Road (as it looks like) then take a right and then a right again onto Market street and just follow it straight up. The ground is about 350 yards up on the left hand side.

If you are fancying a pint on the way to the ground then, as has been put on here already, The Beehive is on the left hand side as you walk up, and slightly further up towards the ground is The Kings Head, a Holts pub which is right on the corner of the ground.

Adults £10.00
Under 16s £2.00

The metro runs down Ashton new road/ manchester road

Change at Piccadilly Garden or Piccadilly
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:04:11 PM by Stoke Alty »

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »

I'm not 100% sure whether you come out of the station onto Market Street or Ashton Road (Google maps doesn't show the met line at all.)]I'm not 100% sure whether you come out of the station onto Market Street or Ashton Road (Google maps doesn't show the met line at all.) However, if you exit onto Ashton Road (as it looks like) then take a right and then a right again onto Market street and just follow it straight up. The ground is about 350 yards up on the left hand side.

Adults £10.00
Under 16s £2.00

The metro runs down Ashton new road/ manchester road

Change at Piccadilly Garden or Piccadilly

I know mate, just wasn't sure whether you came out of the station onto Market Street or Ashton Road because, as i said, google maps dont show it.  :)

Baldrick

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »

I know there have been several failed efforts to get this game on but playing on the same night United v Real Madrid is live on telly will reduce the attendance by about 50%. Surely they could have played tomorrow instead.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »

I know there have been several failed efforts to get this game on but playing on the same night United v Real Madrid is live on telly will reduce the attendance by about 50%. Surely they could have played tomorrow instead.

Are we bothered??? It's not our gate receipts.
  More Alty fans than Droylsden's expected tonight.
Tape the ManU game, and support Alty (or listen to Radio Robins if you can't go)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tram to Droylsden.