PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tranmere game
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tranmere game  (Read 13049 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tranmere game
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 11:55:55 PM »

Just got back too, Twiss has damaged ankle ligaments very sore but not too serious Stu said, maybe two weeks or so out it was suggested.

A much improved performance after the first twenty mins when the defence were not communicating and Saunders error for second. Clearly things are hotting up now as trialist players realise they need to earn a contract, GH has a lot to consider. Crowell was excellent, Clee superb, Holsgate very strong and quick, Mc Cready promising, Nowland good but maybe lacks a little competitiveness off the ball but very tidy on it, Cissoko looked quality, taller than Joseph and really got up for headers, (and it was he who scored in last min for Grays vs FGR when they should have gone down),......so he's got my vote just for that!

Great to see Dale again progressing and scoring (tap in) so all in all I for one am much more optimistic now apart from our remaining defensive frailties which Grham needs to sort out before 14 August. ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »

Just got back too, Twiss has damaged ankle ligaments very sore but not too serious Stu said, maybe two weeks or so out it was suggested.

A much improved performance after the first twenty mins when the defence were not communicating and Saunders error for second. Clearly things are hotting up now as trialist players realise they need to earn a contract, GH has a lot to consider. Crowell was excellent, Clee superb, Holsgate very strong and quick, Mc Cready promising, Nowland good but maybe lacks a little competitiveness off the ball but very tidy on it, Cissoko looked quality, taller than Joseph and really got up for headers, (and it was he who scored in last min for Grays vs FGR when they should have gone down),......so he's got my vote just for that!

Great to see Dale again progressing and scoring (tap in) so all in all I for one am much more optimistic now apart from our remaining defensive frailties which Grham needs to sort out before 14 August. ;D

Exactly, exactly what he/she said. Might add it was a Tranmere team of first year professionals but will sleep a little better tonight than I did on Tuesday.

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:45 AM »

Exactly, exactly what he/she said. Might add it was a Tranmere team of first year professionals but will sleep a little better tonight than I did on Tuesday.

2nd ed.

Lew Needham

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 08:56:04 AM »

I'll get the negative out of the way first and say that the Tranmere side were very young and to be honest quite poor. The team they fielded last night would have struggled to win a game in the Conference.

However, I have to agree that we played really well. Clee was brilliant and seemed to have a great understanding with Dale in the first half, i hope they'll line up close together on the pitch

Cissoko was ver impressive and i really hope we give him another game.

A word of praise for Graham we were 2 0 down and he changed the formation to 5 2 2 1, with densore playing sweeper and clee and Johnson playing behind Reeves, and within 20 minutes we were 3 2 up.

Can't wait until the start of the season.

Jenga

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 10:20:23 AM »

Agree the change in formation made a BIG difference, with the crowd being small you could hear graham from the golf road giving his orders. Densmore came inside and Williams moved out and the defence looked much more solid.

After 20 mins I was concerned with the defence until the switch then it seemed to click better.

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »

Clee was brilliant and seemed to have a great understanding with Dale in the first half, i hope they'll line up close together on the pitch 

I commented early last season that Clee and and Johnson appeared to have had a fruitful partnership at Hyde. Since then they've barely been on the pitch together. I've high hopes for this season !

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tranmere match
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 11:57:33 AM »

Nicky Clee is absolutely ace. That is all.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »

Just back in from bowls.. We had what they call a winning draw 7-7 (won the aggregate)... anyhow more importantly does anyoe know how Twiss is and was it serious

To be honest, I thought that we looked a far better attacking proposition after the ponderous Twiss had departed from the action.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fuertes

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 05:36:32 PM »

Just back in from bowls.. We had what they call a winning draw 7-7 (won the aggregate)... anyhow more importantly does anyoe know how Twiss is and was it serious

To be honest, I thought that we looked a far better attacking proposition after the ponderous Twiss had departed from the action.

What seems to be the problem. Is it as straightforward as lacking match practice, i.e. his first touch, passing and speed are all off, or does he just look like he needs to shed a few pounds to quicken up?

Either way, I suppose this lay-off isn't going to help.

Heffer

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »

They lay off will help the team in general though.

We can give Dale as much football as he needs now, we are wasting are time with Twiss by the look of it

fuertes

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »

We can give Dale as much football as he needs now, we are wasting are time with Twiss by the look of it

You are joking? You don't give a player who barely played last season a few preseason games then just write him off.

That kind of short-sighted view saw people calling for GH's head the season before last or saying we should release Nicky Clee in October last year.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »

You are joking? You don't give a player who barely played last season a few preseason games then just write him off.

That kind of short-sighted view saw people calling for GH's head the season before last or saying we should release Nicky Clee in October last year.

Absolutely agree. Give him chance to get fit, then we can judge.

Jacko

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 04:05:56 PM »

agree, dale is the future, twiss's age and condition indicates he will be an experienced sub to bring on when needed

Dougals Dad

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 05:42:48 PM »

Loan Twiss out to get some match fitness if needed.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »

Loan Twiss out to get some match fitness if needed.

That's what Mrs S keeps threatening to do to me!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tranmere game