News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great win today

Author Topic: Great win today  (Read 2456 times)

robins1978

Great win today
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »

would have bee happy with a draw after last result to get us back on track but this is a massive win!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:02:43 PM by robins1978 »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Great win today
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »

An excellent and hard fought win today. Two instances stood out for me:

1) Tom Marshall

Started very poorly I thought, and was at fault for their clear chance on goal but what a turnaround! Rose excellently for the goal and hardly put a foot wrong in defence from then on. Seemed to win every header (along with Luca) and read the game really well too.

2) Moult and Rodgers

I thought Lee Sinnott made a great decision to take Moult off when he did. You hardly ever see players come off in the first half unless they're injured so it's a bold decision to make.  After a booking and another late challenge he was close to getting sent off IMO and by bringing Rodgers on it gave us a bit more dominance and control in the midfield area. Credit where it's due.

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:34:23 PM »

Thought Richman was great today.  Won endless headers in the middle of the park,  quality performance all round today.  Reeves ran his socks off.  Well done all

robins1978

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:38:36 PM »

1) Tom Marshall

Started very poorly I thought, and was at fault for their clear chance on goal but what a turnaround! Rose excellently for the goal and hardly put a foot wrong in defence from then on. Seemed to win every header (along with Luca) and read the game really well too.

2) Moult and Rodgers

I thought Lee Sinnott made a great decision to take Moult off when he did. You hardly ever see players come off in the first half unless they're injured so it's a bold decision to make.  After a booking and another late challenge he was close to getting sent off IMO and by bringing Rodgers on it gave us a bit more dominance and control in the midfield area. Credit where it's due.

Yes - Maybe the Chelsea manager wotsisname should take a leaf out of LS book and take a player off when in danger of being sent off!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 06:57:38 AM »

1) Tom Marshall

2) Moult and Rodgers

Spot on. Great post.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »

LS did a good job on Saturday.
He made the right decisions, and the players responded well :)

arnald

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »

may be some fans remember the kat  robinson  aylts no 2
wieldens was worried  the kat saved the lot
from the grange
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great win today