PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The lack of reaction on here speaks volumes
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The lack of reaction on here speaks volumes  (Read 7172 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »

We at are a very  big crossroads,what happens now? Whats the plan going forward? We were unlucky in parts today,but make no mistake, kidderminster were f**king aweful and still came away with 3 points.Are we just going to 'go quietly into the night' ie slip back into the conference north or are we going to try and get ourselves out of this situation? And I dont want to be offensive or single anyone out but marc joseph is not an altrincham player,truely shocking performance no heart no fight no interest.   

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: The lack of reaction on here speaks volumes
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »

With only the radio commentaries to go from (and one game at Luton) I would feel a little cheeky having opinions on here about what should and should not be done.

I have opinions which a few know and am going to get back ASAP for a match. Listening again today was awful, not so much the match but the fact that I couldn't sing, shout, dance on the spot or basically do anything to help this great club out and towards 3 much needed points.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:45:48 PM »

With only the radio commentaries to go from (and one game at Luton) I would feel a little cheeky having opinions on here about what should and should not be done.

Same here Gaz, I totally agree with you mate.
Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »

we are a very patient and  understanding lot

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:19:53 PM »

I don't really know what to say after today I'm just depressed really we are awful at present no hiding from that fact
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »

Be it them making us look a much improved side or us starting to create chances.. we looked a much better outfit today and were extremely unlucky not to get three points from the game. That being said, we missed a number of chances to bury the game 4 or 5-1. I just feel like we need a little bit more confidence and sharpness in front of goal, which will come in time. The only problem is, if it doesn't come soon it may be too late.

We are a completely different team with Chrissy Denham upfront running things, this much was obvious from the first minutes when we was pressuring everything in their half. We went back to the 5-3-2 and we had a lot more joy going forward. I think our defending was passable as well, up until the point Mark Joseph was brought on for Michael Welch (who had a cracking game today.) How Joseph was a League Two player last season I have no idea, utterly embarrassing performance from him.

We need to make the most of the next few games. There's still an awfully long way to go yet but if we don't do something soon it's going to start looking pretty bleak for us.

EDIT: Almost forgot, Robbie Lawton was good first half. Hope his knock is nothing serious because he gave us some fighting spirit in midfield.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:32:20 PM by TimperleyRobin »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »

Be it them making us look a much improved side or us starting to create chances.. we looked a much better outfit today and were extremely unlucky not to get three points from the game. That being said, we missed a number of chances to bury the game 4 or 5-1. I just feel like we need a little bit more confidence and sharpness in front of goal, which will come in time. The only problem is, if it doesn't come soon it may be too late.

We are a completely different team with Chrissy Denham upfront running things, this much was obvious from the first minutes when we was pressuring everything in their half. We went back to the 5-3-2 and we had a lot more joy going forward. I think our defending was passable as well, up until the point Mark Joseph was brought on for Michael Welch (who had a cracking game today.) How Joseph was a League Two player last season I have no idea, utterly embarrassing performance from him.

We need to make the most of the next few games. There's still an awfully long way to go yet but if we don't do something soon it's going to start looking pretty bleak for us.

I think you were at a different game to me, the teams were about even and both awful
Bernard Taylors barmy army

altyshop

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 08:32:24 PM »

1 point out of a possible 21 isnt unlucky,4 goals in 7 games isnt unlucky,its obvious the players brought in this season are not anywhere near the standard of players we had last season.
Not one new signing has been good enough,last season the squad was much stronger,everyone knows we will miss young,senior,little but what about the squad players from last year,Peter Doran was and is far better than any player that have signed this season,and id rather have Jon Mcclaskey than twiss any day of the week,also Adam Carden being released was another strange one in my opinion.never let the side down and i thought this season he could have kicked on and became a regular.
Its obvious we have got to invest in more players asap

ALTYGAL

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 08:44:55 PM »

1 point out of a possible 21 isnt unlucky,4 goals in 7 games isnt unlucky,its obvious the players brought in this season are not anywhere near the standard of players we had last season.
Not one new signing has been good enough,last season the squad was much stronger,everyone knows we will miss young,senior,little but what about the squad players from last year,Peter Doran was and is far better than any player that have signed this season,and id rather have Jon Mcclaskey than twiss any day of the week,also Adam Carden being released was another strange one in my opinion.never let the side down and i thought this season he could have kicked on and became a regular.
Its obvious we have got to invest in more players asap

the problem with your comment Altyshop is we don't have anything to invest with. :'(
Doran left because he wanted more money & we've really not given Twiss a chance yet.

matty Crowell has not shown his previous form yet either.

it is looking grim  :-\

mr f.trucker

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »

Truly awful performance today,big up to everyone who sang their hearts out to try and gee up  the team.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »

A Couple of points to ponder over.

We have nothing to invest with - this is true but the window is shut anyhow so our recruitment options are limited. Not in any way critical, just asking - Why if we knew we were releasing Dale and possibly making others available too did we not do so before the window shut? We may not have got much if anything in but we could have raised a couple of grand perhaps?

The question was asked before the start of the season whether Matty Crowell was as good a player without Tom Kearney. Personally I didn't think so then and I'm even more convinced now.

We have lost the spine of last seasons team and anyone would struggle given that scenario. The question is do we have what it takes to recover? I don't mean the support of the fans which is virtually always excellent I mean do we have the invention, motivation, creativity, quality and desire to name but a few required traits.

These are genuine questions and I'm honestly interested in peoples views.

Thanks

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »

There were a lot of positives today, believe it or not. The stats on the club site clearly show that we were the dominant side. Until he went off (and I hope that isn't a recurrence of last season's injury) Robbie Lawton was massive - possibly the best game I've seen him have in two years. Simply because he operated in central midfield where he belongs !

Anthony Danylyk was busy alongside him, and Sam Hewson looks a decent prospect.

James Coates had a tidy game. Smith and Williams were again solid.

Chris Denham was superb, and his determination rubbed off on others around him. McCarthy worked his socks off, but oh those missed chances. I hope it was just a bad day at the office ! I still think Damien Reeves will score 10 or more goals this season (leading scorer now !)

I was in favour of signing Marc Joseph after his pre-season efforts. Seems both GH and I (and others) got THAT one wrong. On a post at the time, a Rotherham fan advised us to steer clear of him. We should have listened. And I'm afraid Ryan Brown doesn't look good enough. Everything Kidderminster created in the last half hour came down his side. Matty Crowell is a better player than we are seeing at the moment - some nice touches today, but not enough of them.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:32:21 PM by taxi Phil »

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »

...do we have the invention, motivation, creativity, quality and desire to name but a few required traits.

We have quality enough to see us stay in this league. We have creativity, I mean 17 shots today shows something surely? Today I saw desire, motivation and invention but there will most definitely be a lack of confidence at the moment... the thing which IMO is the only thing stopping us beginning to gain results. That and keeping Mark Joseph away from the pitch. As I've said in previous posts it's only a matter of time before this confidence comes.

jimmyhank

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 09:38:56 PM »

A Couple of points to ponder over.

We have nothing to invest with - this is true but the window is shut anyhow so our recruitment options are limited. Not in any way critical, just asking - Why if we knew we were releasing Dale and possibly making others available too did we not do so before the window shut? We may not have got much if anything in but we could have raised a couple of grand perhaps?

The question was asked before the start of the season whether Matty Crowell was as good a player without Tom Kearney. Personally I didn't think so then and I'm even more convinced now.

We have lost the spine of last seasons team and anyone would struggle given that scenario. The question is do we have what it takes to recover? I don't mean the support of the fans which is virtually always excellent I mean do we have the invention, motivation, creativity, quality and desire to name but a few required traits.

These are genuine questions and I'm honestly interested in peoples views.

Thanks

There appears to be plenty of perspiration and desire but this needs to translate into points, and quickly.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 09:45:33 PM »

Truly awful performance today,big up to everyone who sang their hearts out to try and gee up  the team.

I must have been at a different match !

The stats prove how dominant we were as a team.

The two strikers managed to keep hold of the ball to allow the midfield to get up in support.

and apart from one lapse in concentration by Mark Jospeh which lead to their first goal, the defence coped admirably, albeit against a very poor Kidderminster side.

Our new lad Sam Hewson showed some promisng touches when given the ball, and showed a bit of grit and determination in midfield.

I remember him from his United reserve days and just hope that he can control his 'passion and enthusiasm'

Some disappointing finishing from McCarthy on two occassions cost us dear after an atrociuos penalty decision. But overall his link up play with Denham looked promising.

At least we created more chances today than I've seen us create in the previous matches to date put together.

Look for the positives boys (and girls) and start smelling the coffee !

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team