PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Immense tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Immense tonight  (Read 13711 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Immense tonight
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »

Awesome night, excellent attitude shown by the players, one good goal and one ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT goal. Fans were magnificent (despite the flare)

Referee was very poor IMHO. Not as some folk were suggesting biased or bent, just poor for both teams and more importantly for the game as a spectacle

He was, I'm afraid IMO Phil, an attention seeker. The game was too big for him. He was just seeking attention, so much so that a couple of us on the mausoleum could even call when he was going to give US a free kick for absoluteluy nothing. He did neither side any favours.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »

Awesome night, excellent attitude shown by the players, one good goal and one ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT goal. Fans were magnificent (despite the flare)

Referee was very poor IMHO. Not as some folk were suggesting biased or bent, just poor for both teams and more importantly for the game as a spectacle

He was, I'm afraid IMO Phil, an attention seeker. The game was too big for him. He was just seeking attention, so much so that a couple of us on the mausoleum could even call when he was going to give US a free kick for absoluteluy nothing. He did neither side any favours.
Your right their Ballers. He was a tall version of Ross Joyce. A pair of attention seeking gits together.  ;)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »

Your right their Ballers. He was a tall version of Ross Joyce. A pair of attention seeking gits together.  ;)

When there were free kicks,  the ref would get the wall back 10 yards (fine), he would then speak to the wall (on either team he did this) and run his finger across his throat in some sort of odd mafiosa gesture, suggesting if you move forward I'll cut ya throat. He did this several times.Weird. His decisions were also weird at times as well.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2013, 08:14:54 PM »

I think that I can explain the gesture you describe.

It is to indicate that if you put your arm / hand up around your face or throat for protection and the ball hits it I will penalise you for handball. Obviously in the Penalty area that would result in a Penalty Kick and, wherever on the FoP, potentially a caution

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:21 PM »

I think that I can explain the gesture you describe.

It is to indicate that if you put your arm / hand up around your face or throat for protection and the ball hits it I will penalise you for handball. Obviously in the Penalty area that would result in a Penalty Kick and, wherever on the FoP, potentially a caution

Thanks ATS. That makes a lot more sense than a threat of a slit neck.  ::)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »

What an amazing result well done lads gutted I was not there I can not wait for Saturday now and the jenga bus
ParkINson's red and white army

Brackley Fan

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »

Decent game, you looked very good going forward. The ball sticks to that Ginger lad when he runs with it.

We will take that though as we are still in the second leg, might play into your hands but who knows.

Looking forward to the second leg.

markecky

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »

Decent game, you looked very good going forward. The ball sticks to that Ginger lad when he runs with it.

We will take that though as we are still in the second leg, might play into your hands but who knows.

Looking forward to the second leg.

Aside from your administration, your team were very solid and well organised.  The way you forced us back in the first 20 minutes was very impressive.

The game is far from over but with your away record I was pleased we got our noses in front.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Immense tonight