PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Coburn performance vs. Kidderminster appreciation thread
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Coburn performance vs. Kidderminster appreciation thread  (Read 6670 times)

andrewflynn

« on: January 10, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »

Just got back from my first away game of the season. They're actually a pretty decent side and we've got a dismal record at Aggborough, so to come away with the win is superb.

Damian Reeves took his chance exquisitely and then Stuart Coburn kept us in it time after time. Absolutely vintage display from him today and, simply put, he changed the outcome of the game almost single-handedly. Sometimes literally.

We weren't without our luck but every good cup run has a game like that, one where you look back and think on how we were so close to a different outcome. Who knows how far we could go? I'm so optimistic because we seem to now be in the habit of going to places like Aggborough without the small club mentality. The Altrincham side during our last Conference era would have most definitely buckled today, but we showed we have bottle in abundance.

We can't win like that every week but I'll most certainly take it in a cup game at one of our worst hunting grounds. We had absolutely 0 calming influence in the second-half and I don't think we stringed five passes together across the entire 45 minutes, situations like that highlight another reason why we aren't a top-half club at this level. Yet.

Cracking support from us lot today. Always nice to get applause from the opposition keeper. Loved that.

Jenga

Re: Coburn performance vs. Kidderminster appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »

Coburn was amazing today. We really did dig in.

I do feel that we invited them to come at us and i dont think bringing clee off and putting leather on was the right move (but we won so i guess it was). I would have taken Clee off and put crowther on so we had a pacey outlet.

Cant grumble, first time for me to see Alty win at Aggborough and my first experience of their cottage pie - delightful.

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »

I didn't see the game today, so I can't comment on Stu's performance, but I have noticed in recent months that he has got his mojo back and I am ashamed that I wrote him off so completely at the start of the season - well done Stu.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:12:38 PM »

Coburn was amazing today. We really did dig in.

I do feel that we invited them to come at us and i dont think bringing clee off and putting leather on was the right move (but we won so i guess it was). I would have taken Clee off and put crowther on so we had a pacey outlet.

Cant grumble, first time for me to see Alty win at Aggborough and my first experience of their cottage pie - delightful.

Crowther and Clee were both on from the start

Glad it was only £10 today - the whole second half was played in our 18 yard box 100 yards from where we were stood -  ;D

Great performance today in terms of riding your luck and digging in on a pitch that stopped us showing the quality we have

One great goal from Damo and block after block from Stu
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:16:40 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »

Well i never, i though crowther came on second half when we took reeves off, he needs to get his beard back so i can recognise him.

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 08:38:28 PM »

Coburn different class I also so lee managed that game well 3 subs at correct time well done all food different class well done pete getting us there

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 10:23:14 PM »

I would like specifically to applaud the 2 most unlikely clean sheets in a week.  Not just Stu, not just the defence but the whole team, including the subs threw their bodies on the line.  It was not always pretty, it was not always skilful and it was certainly not assured but over 180 minutes at Eastleigh and Kidderminster our goal remained unbreached.

as fine an example of team spirit as I have ever seen in my nearly 50 years supporting Alty.

Proud as hell!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »

The contribution stu has made to this club over the years is simply incredible
ParkINson's red and white army

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 11:10:12 PM »

Stuart Coburn was excellent but the whole team performed well.

I came away thinking we rode our luck a bit but there was nothing lucky about it. We defended like men possessed and scored a great goal, these things win games.

Well done Alty! I hope we get Dover away in the next round as I've already got a train ticket....

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 01:10:03 AM »

The contribution stu has made to this club over the years is simply incredible

Stuart joined for the 97/98 season which means he's been associated with Alty, bar the short time at Leigh, as long as my daughter has been alive.

Great commitment, great 'keeper.

Thanks Stuart.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 12:03:40 PM »

Got to admit i thought Stu should of quit after last season , but I'm glad he has proved me wrong , think having Parton to keep him on his toes as helped , keep it up Stu .

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »

Very good post asmo I'd like to have this is stu's best season in 5 years

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »

Very good post asmo I'd like to have this is stu's best season in 5 years

That may be the case but it does unsettle me a bit as I thought Dave Parton would make more appearances than he has so far.  I saw this season as something of a transition from Stuart to Dave. Something has to give sometime with Stuart... It is a testament to Stuarts fitness and abilities.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 12:38:02 PM »

Stu's performance yesterday was a testiment to the effort he put's in at training to maintain not only his fitness, but sharpness as well. Joy to work with, as is Dave.

anglo alty

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »

Aggborough wasn't always the worst place to go. We won 6 times in our first 8 visits
83-84 2-0 84-85 2-0 85-86 2-0 86-87 0-3 87 -88 1-4  88-89 3-2 89-90 2-1  90-91 1-0
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team