PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LAWRIE SIGNS
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: LAWRIE SIGNS  (Read 17137 times)

GB Alty

Re: LAWRIE SIGNS
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 09:17:13 PM »

Young feels it's important that management, players and fans all know each other's personalities and feel comfortable talking openly and honestly to each other

GB Alty

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 09:18:36 PM »

Rowley said the club prepared to pay transfer fees if needed, Young has nailed every question here. Said he can sit here and cliche us all night, but it's about doing it on the pitch, one or two known names hopefully coming in, the rest won't be people that jump out at us but good players in his opinion

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 09:45:04 PM »

Going back to James Lawrie,hopefully played in his correct position we may see improved performances next season and fair play to the lad for accepting reduced terms to stay at the club.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 09:53:12 PM »

Good to see him stay.
Played in the correct position, will be good for him and the club.
We shouldn't blame him for being played out of position.
Fantastic turnout for the Q & A.
Not one negative question!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:55:28 PM by B. 4D »

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »

Great news, Reeves and Lawrie have always been successful when played together in the middle.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 10:19:19 PM »

All players and management will spend at least half an hour in bar after Every game regardless of results having a drink. wants to be approachable and wants the players and fans to be one unit
missed this approach of late sounds good
ParkINson's red and white army

VofD

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 10:54:18 PM »

Rowley said the club prepared to pay transfer fees if needed, Young has nailed every question here. Said he can sit here and cliche us all night, but it's about doing it on the pitch, one or two known names hopefully coming in, the rest won't be people that jump out at us but good players in his opinion

I can see him in my mind's eye.

But who was the last player for whom we paid a transfer fee. I think he came from Blackpool.

Cult, can you help?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 11:04:50 PM »

But who was the last player for whom we paid a transfer fee. I think he came from Blackpool.

Cult, can you help?

We paid 15 grand for Keith Russell from Blackpool, but we also paid fees for Gary Talbot and Peter Band since then I believe

VofD

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 11:16:10 PM »

Cult, can you help?

We paid 15 grand for Keith Russell from Blackpool, but we also paid fees for Gary Talbot and Peter Band since then I believe

Yeah, Keith Russell, thank you.

Peter Band was one of the biggest DUFFERS we ever signed, ( I don't think we paid for him )  and his wife " MRS BAND" used to come on the forum and try to defend him. Oh Happy Days :) :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:21:24 PM by VofD »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 12:39:50 AM »

Unfair to have a go at either Peter Band or his wife.............he did the best he could for this club and his wife did the same...........not the greatest player to ever wear the shirt, but who's next in the firing line
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jacobs

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 06:07:37 AM »

V of D,

We did pay for Peter Band.... £4k rings a bell.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 06:14:30 AM »

Cult, can you help?

keith was worlds best could score from any angle and terroized defences .. then we signed him !
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2016, 07:44:57 AM »

See also Martin Hanchard.....

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 07:59:05 AM »

Just keep him away from corners and set pieces >:( >:(

Also, couldn't agree more.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 08:48:04 AM »

I have always said Lawrie was never given a fixed role in the team setup Sinnot had him everywhere apart from goalkeeper.
Im sure he will prove his ability to us.

Personally glad to read that he is staying,
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LAWRIE SIGNS