PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Solihull Moors match thread  (Read 10931 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors match thread
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2021, 12:12:52 AM »

Can’t understand why Pringle doesn’t start. With him and Furman who I thought had an excellent first half we could have bossed that midfield from the off.

Tom Peers is a great sub but To me he always seems to slow down when running towards an opponent like he doesn’t fancy getting stuck in.

Thought the new guys did well as they only arrived tonight.

No urgency in the second half when they went 2-1 up.

I didn’t realise COVID was the reason for all the absentees , I would have thought that we would have had an argument for a postponement. ..  I do hope the reason the game went ahead wasn’t for the sake of making a few quid rather than for football reasons..

The gate was excellent but this isn’t ALL about the dosh..

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2021, 12:40:00 AM »

Isolation rules different if DJd
get that but why ?? There is no fundamental difference . Crackers

Spot on Wayne - many things crackers - just cannot get my head round how people just soak up the bull........and yes an insane crowd for a Tuesday.

Did well with a scratch team but had better chances than them. They took theirs better which is no surprise but hey ho.

Hope we can ID that idiot and ensure he gets a visit from the dibble.

Why? What harm did he do?
Running on the pitch, be it streaking, self-celebrating or threatening is obviously crass and crap. But going on and making a great tackle is fair enough. Hats off to whoever. Viva performance art!

I wonder if the BT Sports coverage managed to avoid this incident? (Camera stares at floodlight, commentators talk idiots and lifetime bans, and the viewer wonders what's going on). 
Apologies for any offensive language you haven't heard...

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2021, 12:45:06 AM »

Somebody should have kicked the gormless T**t's legs from under him. THAT'S performance art at its finest.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2021, 06:57:41 AM »

BT sports did show him run on and tackle Rooney
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2021, 07:47:27 AM »

The commentators quite rightly pointed out that all he was doing was wasting *our* time late on in the game.

Idiot.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2021, 08:20:13 AM »

Was it the same prat who chucked the ball over the fence at Southport?

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2021, 08:26:35 AM »

It was a good game and we gave a decent account of ourselves given how many players we were missing, I’m not sure we could have done much more than we did. Agree with the praise for Peers and Furman, I’d also add Senior to the list.

Slightly concerned about these next three games. Really looking forward to Parkinson’s interview and hopefully he addresses some of the questions we have around the squad and availability.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2021, 08:28:28 AM »

Just a bit of bantz, was a good tackle to be fair to him not sure about the run around after but the chap was caught up in the moment  ;D

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2021, 08:47:05 AM »

Full credit to the lads on the pitch, that was absolutely bare bones with by my reckoning 5 players who would have started out with injuries or Covid. No point analysing too much as we won’t see that starting line up again this season I’d have thought. My one regret if we could have held out for a bit at the start of the second we might have dug something out. Worth making the point too that Solihull’s budget is talking telephone numbers compared to ours, they had quality all over the pitch and strength off the bench too, they’ll be up there in May I reckon.

Just have to really hope we can get 2-3 back for Woking, I hadn’t heard of 2 of our 5 on the bench which I think says it all.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »

Can’t understand why Pringle doesn’t start. With him and Furman who I thought had an excellent first half we could have bossed that midfield from the off.

Tom Peers is a great sub but To me he always seems to slow down when running towards an opponent like he doesn’t fancy getting stuck in.

Thought the new guys did well as they only arrived tonight.

No urgency in the second half when they went 2-1 up.

Thought Furman was excellent last night, think Pringle had a poor game with others on Saturday so maybe that. I thought Tom had a good game last night, he harassed the defenders all night. New guys were very good.

Shame our bench wasn't as good as there's due to injury and Covid. I know whom tested positive on the coach, its frustrating that previously the league have called games off. But seem to have said it needs playing.

Overall we had enough chances to have won the game, we were undone cold from the start of the second half, a stupid flick from our player went straight to them, some good movement but poor defending led to the goal. Second one shame shame Thommo wasnt in net 1 v 1 outcome may have been different. BT pundits got it right saying we should have defended better.

When we were chasing the game, a few passes went a miss as we tired and Parky clearly felt that the bench wouldn't have made a difference as only 1 sub came on.. That said we had opportunities to equalise and their keeper made a top save. All in all I thought we deserved at least a point.

I didn’t realise COVID was the reason for all the absentees , I would have thought that we would have had an argument for a postponement. ..  I do hope the reason the game went ahead wasn’t for the sake of making a few quid rather than for football reasons..

The gate was excellent but this isn’t ALL about the dosh..

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2021, 10:33:18 AM »

Spot on Wayne - many things crackers - just cannot get my head round how people just soak up the bull........and yes an insane crowd for a Tuesday.

Did well with a scratch team but had better chances than them. They took theirs better which is no surprise but hey ho.

Running on the pitch, be it streaking, self-celebrating or threatening is obviously crass and crap. But going on and making a great tackle is fair enough. Hats off to whoever. Viva performance art!

I wonder if the BT Sports coverage managed to avoid this incident? (Camera stares at floodlight, commentators talk idiots and lifetime bans, and the viewer wonders what's going on). 

You are obviously unaware that any profit we made from last nights promotion could potentially be wiped out by a fine from the FA and lead to spectator restrictions at future games. Hopefully both unlikely, but entirely possible

You ok with that Altering Um ?...…………..Care to chip in to pay the fine ?...…...Thought so !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2021, 10:48:35 AM »

Also dents our chances of future TV games if our fans are going to interrupt it for their 5 seconds of fame

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2021, 11:29:08 AM »

The level of idiocy that runs through this comment is staggering.  If you are seeking to justify the behaviour of a pathetic narcissist, describing pitch invasion as 'fair enough', then perhaps you'd care to chip in to pay the fine the Club will surely get.  Moron.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2021, 10:37:16 PM »

Somebody should have kicked the gormless T**t's legs from under him. THAT'S performance art at its finest.

But not one of the players! Remember that off duty policeman playing for Witton in a Cheshire cup final?

As for kicking the ball over the fence, I seem to remember a story about an Altrincham ball boy at Canal Street in an FA trophy semi-final booting the ball out of the ground instead of giving it back...

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2021, 07:21:53 PM »

This will be quite a test. After getting thrashed at Dagenham, they've righted the ship to such an extent that they've run up five consecutive clean sheets. However, they've also only managed to score five goals, so BT Sport customers are unlikely to be in for a goalfest.

Theoretically, it's got goalless draw stamped all over it.

John Laidlar's thread points out that the thrashing at Dagenham was their only game against a club in the promotion race until their 1-0 win over Halifax. Otherwise they've been more or less shooting fish in a barrel. I think we could and should win tonight.

Oh crikey, there we go again...  :-[

Being impartial and entirely objective, I think the 19/12 on offer for Solihull tonight at the bookies would be quite attractive, given a combination of their solid form and our poor showing last time out.

Most of our results so far have tended to stay quite close to their equivalent last season, with the outcomes at Yeovil and Eastleigh swapping over. I thought that was quite an interesting quirk worth pointing out.

Here, for example.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread