PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster in real trouble..
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Kidderminster in real trouble..  (Read 10883 times)

York Alty

Re: Kidderminster in real trouble..
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »

Whlist I am not a forensic accountact I find the unpaid tax bill of £16k out of kilter with the rest of the debts they have.  They could of course have been putting the tax man at the top of folk to pay first (seems sensible enough) but it still doesn't seem to fit in the context of the rest of the debt where £300k has been mentioned.

fuertes

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »

Whlist I am not a forensic accountact I find the unpaid tax bill of £16k out of kilter with the rest of the debts they have.  They could of course have been putting the tax man at the top of folk to pay first (seems sensible enough) but it still doesn't seem to fit in the context of the rest of the debt where £300k has been mentioned.

Winding-up orders have become more common in the last couple of years. HMRC just making sure they get paid, really. Perhaps Kiddy got wise to this, so have decided to string out payments to all other creditors, whom they might be able to keep waiting that bit longer?

Either way, it's a hell of a lot money. They should have been part-time for a good while in order to save cash. IMO Rushden should also be part-time. They seem to have winding-up orders or big energy bills hanging over them constantly.

York Alty

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »

agree Harpenden Alty.

The other way of reading it is that they aren't being 100% up front with the size of th bill.

Either way, they've been living in the penthouse suite in the Hilton, when they should have been in the Travelodge.

chickens. roosting. home.

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »

agree Harpenden Alty.

The other way of reading it is that they aren't being 100% up front with the size of th bill.

Either way, they've been living in the penthouse suite in the Hilton, when they should have been in the Travelodge.

chickens. roosting. home.
TRAVELODGE ? ? ! !  They should have been sleeping in the team bus in a bloody layby !

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »

Whatever the reasons behind their troubles, my only concern is how it affects us and I suspect the 'dunkirk spirit' being shown by their fans and the expected good turnout this weekend to back the team could be bad news for our chances of getting a result there.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »

Just been listening to there chairman on 5 live .. He reckons if they dont come up with the money in a couple of days then its a CVA plus 10 point deduction.. (10 points is  hardly going to fkn bother them is it).. He reckons there will be quite a few villa fans there Saturday supporting them and is hoping for a full house...

We will just have to shout and sing a bit louder then...

fuertes

bumble

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2011/02/08/harriers-staff-await-clubs-decision/

10 point wouldnt do much - takes them to 12th, 12 off relegation - 11 of the play off spots

fuertes

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »

Gah - should be automatic relegation.

bumble

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »

Mcphee among other have been transfer listed according to the forum -  guess its to lighten wage bill, and perhaps scrape a bit of cash to pay tax bill
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster in real trouble..