News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden

Author Topic: Droylsden  (Read 1976 times)

baldrick

Droylsden
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:18:08 AM »

This has been bugging me for a while so i thought i would ask for opinions. Everyone except Dave Pace believes Droylsden were down before Christmas. So in Dave's world with the team bottom of the league and fighting for survival why did he lend their best player to Torquay? This seems a very strange thing to do.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Droylsden
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »

Jody banim stated in the NLP a few weeks before they played alty that he thought they were down and the remainder of the season could be used to to put "himself in the shop window" I think that showed his intent,and pacey offloaded him when torquay came knocking offering £900 a week.I presume the fat little f**ker will score against us next week aswell.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 08:39:17 AM »

I think Dave knew they were down as well..he is just too proud to admit it after saying that if they didin't win the Conference, they would finish second.

Jodie was the top earner and as DP pays the wages, it was probably a way of reducing his outgoings a bit

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:58:22 AM »

It would be a poor manager to admit, so early un the seson, that hit team are doomed. He has to try to instill some belief.

As for Banim, he wanted out. Pacey seems to have a decent replacement in their loanee from Hyde (Johnson)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »

Pacey's comments at the beginning of the season, will clearly haunt him as they make him look like the clown he is. However as the season has progressed he has been more humble and dignified and has gone up in my estimation.

He has bankrolled a club all the way to the Conference, yet the town do not support him. Why is this ?

He intends to go out with a fight no doubt and his team will not drop into obscurity next season in BSN
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »

The town don't support him because they are just up the road from Manchester City so it will always be difficult to attract support. They have no history, before i moved north i had never heard of Droylsden. There is also the problem of Dave Pace, he is not the sort of person people will instantly like. He appears to be arrogant and has no idea how to handle the media. Anyone who saw the game on Setanta probably noticed how well Mick Woodward acted in front of the cameras. The players listened to every word he said and he seemed to genuinely care about them. The Droylsden players had no interest in Dave Pace or Setanta. When Rebecca Lowe asked them a question in the dressing room they all ignored her. Droylsden had a chance to advertise the club to everyone watching, but they blew it.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 12:34:23 PM »

I know said player and arrogance is not even the word to describe him, it's not strong enough!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden