PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: New Manager for next season  (Read 44414 times)

Ashley Alty

Re: New Manager for next season
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2017, 11:18:47 AM »

Players just arriving at the ground (Moss Lane) now.  I wonder if it is to meet the new manager? 

They are in their club tracksuits so maybe they will do a btit of training, warm up, practice to show him what they can do?

RESERVES AT THE JDS

On Monday night (24th) at 7.45pm, the Reserves play Congleton Vale at the J Davidson Stadium, Moss Lane, and entry is free of charge. The Reserves drew 3-3 at home to Malpas on Saturday.

Thank you

markecky2

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2017, 12:05:07 AM »

Nantwich's match report advises that Phil Parkinson missed the playoff game due to "work commitments". 

Unless his gaffer is rather cruel, I'd suggest that is the biggest indicator yet that they have asked him not to take the team and he is coming to us.

York Alty is back

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2017, 12:08:42 AM »

Nantwich's match report advises that Phil Parkinson missed the playoff game due to "work commitments". 

Unless his gaffer is rather cruel, I'd suggest that is the biggest indicator yet that they have asked him not to take the team and he is coming to us.

Cannot argue with that. Nantwich will rightly feel pissed off.

bighairedmike

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »

I think you're probably right mate.

It also begs the question, who is going to be leading us out on Saturday?

markecky2

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2017, 12:22:49 AM »

It also begs the question, who is going to be leading us out on Saturday?

For me there is nothing to gain to from the new manager doing that on Saturday if he is appointed this week.   Let Dens and Moult do it, he should watch on.

arnald

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2017, 05:02:26 AM »

The Nantwich manager would be a decent choice hope it's him

andrewflynn

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:30 AM »

What a sad state of affairs. If it's him, it shouldn't have happened like this.

taxi Phil

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »

It shouldn't have, but I'm afraid that, yet again, it's that down side to social media that I so despise.

andrewflynn

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2017, 08:51:42 AM »

It shouldn't have, but I'm afraid that, yet again, it's that down side to social media that I so despise.

There are plenty of measures that could, and should have been taken to ensure it didn't have a chance of ending up on social media in the first place.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »

It also begs   the question, who is going to be leading us out on Saturday?

I reckon Graham Rowley should lead the team out on Saturday, then at 5.00pm announce his resignation from the Chairmanship.
Then at least the worst two seasons in recent history will have a satisfactory conclusion for a lot of fans..

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2017, 09:27:52 AM »

I'd hope the new manager would watch Saturday's game, watch it and weep. It's absolutely vital that he sees firsthand how dreadful our team is, but I wouldn't want him in charge - that just wouldn't be fair. What I want him to be doing is listing all the best players in Evostik and getting on the blower to them.

Chrissy A

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »

I'd hope the new manager would watch Saturday's game, watch it and weep. It's absolutely vital that he sees firsthand how dreadful our team is, but I wouldn't want him in charge - that just wouldn't be fair. What I want him to be doing is listing all the best players in Evostik and getting on the blower to them.

Should be looking to speak to players in the leagues above also, as there are always players looking to drop a few levels for whatever reason. This is one potential problem with appointing a manager who doesn't have a great deal of experience managing in non league above the level he is currently at. It's all good and well knowing the best players in the Evostick but I think we need to have bigger ideas if we want to bounce back up straight away. To build a squad of just the best Evostick players would be a gamble IMO (and that's presuming they would actually want to come).

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »

The trouble is, you can't hire somebody who ticks every box. You either go for a big name who perhaps has little idea of the level we'll be entering, or you hire somebody who knows the new level but perhaps not alot higher.

I do basically agree with what you are saying though. Suffice to say, a lot of new players are needed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:59:14 AM by Rowley's pub club »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2017, 10:16:05 AM »

If we can afford to if the investment happens we should be looking at players good enough for national north play off places , although  he wouldn't come back players of the calibre of Scott Leathet

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »

I'm sure Scott is no different from any other player in that he'll go wherever he gets paid the most. Much will depend on the level of investment we have been told about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Manager for next season