PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010  (Read 12448 times)

taxi Phil

Re: TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »

It may well be the form ! I'd read it that I got a point for the correct number of goals for one side, even if I had the wrong result - I assume this isn't the case ?

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 11:00:39 AM »

It may well be the form ! I'd read it that I got a point for the correct number of goals for one side, even if I had the wrong result - I assume this isn't the case ?

That's how I thought it worked ?

eg If you had Alty to win 2-1 and they actually got beaten 2-3 you still got a point ?

Altyant

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

Yes that is the case:

To clarify - Phil had York to win 2-0 on Bank Holiday Monday against us. Which scored him 1 point (predicted the correct number of goals scored by one team). As he predicted Altys number of goals incorrectly he scores no further points for the game.

On the other hand (S)alty had York to win 1-0. He had neither Alty or Yorks scores correct so he scores 0 points for that game.

Mike Garnett had York down to win 2-1. He scores three points for the game.
1 point for predicting York to score 2
1 point for predicting Alty to score 1
1 point as he has the result 100% correct

Hope this clarifies things. Phil I will recheck your predictions. If you have any other queries, pop in to the club shop tomorrow so I can check I have your predictions are right

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 03:26:55 AM »

My understanding was, using Monday's example, that I would have 1 point for predicting a York victory, plus a further 1 point for the correct number of goals scored by York - 2 points in total. It's the use of the word "result" on the form which is confusing. To me, that simply means "home,away,or draw".

Altyant

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »

My understanding was, using Monday's example, that I would have 1 point for predicting a York victory, plus a further 1 point for the correct number of goals scored by York - 2 points in total. It's the use of the word "result" on the form which is confusing. To me, that simply means "home,away,or draw".

Apologies for that Phil - looking back at the form it is confusing

Altyant

Week 6 Update
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »

Another big week this week, with some players scoring heavily across the 8 matches, having a big effect on the table.

After being knocked off top spot by Ian Hunter last week, Colins 8 points on a lucky Saturday for him helped him storm back to the top of the table. Up into second place, jumping an amazing 10 places after scoring 12 points across the week is David Martin. Last weeks leader Ian drops down into joint third, which he shares with Peter Wragg, who after scoring 0 last week (sorry Peter!!) scored 8 over the weekend. Pete Hennerley is down 1 place to 5th, a point of the money places. Anthony moves up 3 places to 6th, Peter Foster drops to 7th and, George Heslop, Brian Flynn and John Edwards all slide in the top half.

In the bottom half, Paul Salt is down 4 to 11th, Michael drops 2 places to 13th and, Bryan Ford drops 5 places into 15th. Baldrick, Mike Garnett, Jimmy Hank and Phil all move up. Grahame Rowley is the weeks only non-mover and, Alex drops into bottom spot. Its all still in the metling pot, with only 9 points separating the money places and 19th spot.

Another big week next week, with 7 games taking us past the half-way stage of the competition

jimmyhank

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »

The march up the table has started!  :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »

Alas ! The last team without a correct prediction ! I can surely only improve. Is there an AGM Cup I can aim for ?

Altyant

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 08:52:23 PM »

Alas ! The last team without a correct prediction ! I can surely only improve. Is there an AGM Cup I can aim for ?

15th spot is the AGM Cup, stake back position!!

Interim results for this week are good reading for you :)

Altyant

Week 7 Update
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »

A bumper week of games and the table has changed beyond all recognition.

It seems for Phil that 100% correct predictions are a bit like buses. You wait ages for one and then two come along at once. Peter Hennerley amazingly managed to get every home tally incorrect for Saturdays games, whilst getting the away tally correct in every-one of the days games. Star predictor for the weekends games was Ian who even got the Cambridge result correct as part of his three 100% correct predictions. Michael and Phil a close second with 2 each. Oddly nobody had Wigan to score 3 against Arsenal!!

So onto the table. The top 3 are only separated by their number of 100% correct predictions, therefore Ian leads from Colin and David. Peters Wragg and Hennerley head the chasing pack staying in 4th and 5th respectively. Brians Flynn and Ford jump up the table (an impressive 8 places for Bryan Ford). John drops 2 places to 8th and Michael climbs into the top half.

Jimmy Hank march up the table continues (I told you Jimmy!), Graham Rowley is up 5 places to 11th, while Peter Foster slips down to 12th, Baldrick droips to 12th and like the proverbial stone, I plummet 8 places to 14th. Phils impressive week moves him into the AGM Cup, stake back position of 15th, Paul Salt, George Heslop and Mike Garnett complete this weeks sliders, Alex Tracey remains 19th.

Still all to play for this weekend sees the final round of conference games as part of a huge 11 games.

As usual the table is attached below. The points include tonights match at Salisbury and, the Hayes v Kidderminster game which took place last week, and not tonight
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:54:36 PM by Altyant »

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:22 PM »

WOW - What a fall from grace?

From being tied 4th after week 3 to 16th position this week - Now that's what I call a team in free fall !

Do I get a 10 point deduction if I put my team into Administration ?

BSP North here I come

Bring on the World Cup prediction comp ?

Altyant

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »

WOW - What a fall from grace?

From being tied 4th after week 3 to 16th position this week - Now that's what I call a team in free fall !

Do I get a 10 point deduction if I put my team into Administration ?

BSP North here I come

Bring on the World Cup prediction comp ?

Join the club!! I will check the rule book about going into admin!! World Cup Comp should be ready soon

Altyant

Week 8 Update
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »

As we head into the home straight, the predictions competition threw a mixed bag at the entrants with Football League games mixed in with the usual BSP and Premiership games. So how did everyone fair? Highest scorer for the week was Paul Salt who got his 'season' back on track with an excellent 10 points. Close behind with 8 were Geroge Heslop; Ian Hunter; Mark Garnett and; Peter Foster. A further point behind were John Edwards; Baldrick; Michael McDonnell, Anthony and Phil Jordan.

So how does this affect the table? Ian Hunter remains top, four points clear of the competition, along with the fact that he has more 10% correct predictions than anybody else. Peter Wragg jumps up into second, with David Martin remaining third. Colin drops out of the money positions and into fourth, Pete Hennerley remains fifth and, John Edwards is up to sixth. Paul Salt and George Heslop both jump a massive 9 places into seventh and eighth respectively, Michael remains ninth and Peter Foster is up to 10th.

Bryan Ford is down four places to eleventh, Baldricks good week moves him up to twelth, with Brian Flynn down seven to thirteenth. Anthony and Phil Jordan remain in 14th and 15th respectively, with Jimmy Hank down 6 places. Mike Garnett is up to 17th, Grahame Rowley drops into 18th and Alex remains 19th.

Only two weeks and 14 games to go. Can anyone stop Ian Hunter??Who will be borrowing Colin Peakes rule book to ensure the AGM Cup spot? Next update will be Monday of next week

jimmyhank

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 11:50:31 PM »

That's more like it  :)

Altyant

Week 9 Update
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 09:22:31 PM »

Apologies for the late posting of this update, due to IT issues.

The penultimate week of the Predictions Competition, with a total of 15 points available. A relatively low points scoring week, saw Peter Wragg, George Helsop, David Martin, Brian Flynn, Baldrick and Michael McDonnell all top score with 5 points. Grahame Rowley was a point behind.

So how does this all affect the Predictions Table? Despite a low scoring week, Ian Hunter remains top of the table, with a two point lead over Peter Wragg. A further point behind is David Martin. George Heslop and Michael McDonnell both climb 4 places each. Colin Mitchell continues his Oxofrd-esque slump into sixth place. John Edwards and Paul Salt both move up a place each, while Baldrick and Brian Flynn are both up 3 to ninth and tenth respectively.

Pete Hennerley is down 6 to 11th, Peter Foster is down 2 to 12th and Bryan Ford is down 2 to 13th. Anthony remains in 14th, with Mike Garnett up into the AGM Cup spot. Jimmy Hankinson, Grahame Rowley and Alex Tracey are all non-movers. Phil Jordan drops down two places into 17th.

Next week is the final week of the competition with everything still to play for and everybody still with a chance of winning a prize.

I have to remove some of the older PDFs of the tables from the thread, if you want a copy of them, PM me your address and I will email them out to you 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010