PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010  (Read 12443 times)

Altyant

Re: TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »

I sorted it now. I downloaded it on my laptop and it worked.

Good to hear that it worked :). I have a copy in excel format if anyone requires it and wants to email their entry back to me (please pm me your email address to enter that way).

Dont forget the competition starts this saturday. Entries will be accpeted up until kick-off saturday afternoon

baldrick

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »

How many people entered?

Altyant

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 07:34:12 PM »

Hi Baldrick, I dont have the forms with me at the moment, but I think we have 19

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »

Hi Baldrick, I dont have the forms with me at the moment, but I think we have 19

I thought it would be more popular than that. But i suppose every penny counts.

Altyant

TASC Football Preidctions Competition 2010
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »

Another great result for Alty at Mansfield, which caught out a number of the predictors who have since slipped down the table. Congratulations to George Heslop, Baldrick, Peter Wragg and Brian Flynn who took maximum points last night. Peter and Flynny are the nights biggest movers jumping 7 and 6 places respectively. At the top Colin moves a point clear of the field and at the bottom, Grahame Rowley gets off the mark

Updated table is attached

The next update should appear on Monday
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:52:06 PM by Altyant »

Altyant

Week 3 Update
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

A bad result for Alty this weekend, which none of our predictors saw coming - none of us had Alty down to the loose the game!

No change at the top of the table, as an impressive 5 points out of the 9 available keeps Colin Mitchell in the lead. George Heslop moves up into the 'money positions as Peter Foster drops to fourth. Ian is up to second, two points behind Colin. Paul Salt, Brian Flynn and Peter Wragg all move up in the top half of the table. The biggest climber of the week is Grahame Rowley who jumps 8 places to 11th.

Its all tight in the btoom half too, as just 2 points separate 19th and 11th.

David Martin the weeks only non-mover aside from Colin Mitchell holds the 'stake-back' position of 15th.

As usual the table is attached below. Next update will appear before the weekends game
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:52:25 PM by Altyant »

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »

Yesss !!  City 3 Wigan 0 another 3 pointer for (S)alty's Sad Selections and upto 11 points -

all I need now is Kettering & Rushden & Diamonds to draw 1-1 and Stevenage to win 2-1 tonight and I'll be in a podium finishing spot ??

Onwards and upwards

Only another 49 matches to go .........

Altyant

Week 4 Update
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »

No Alty games since the weekend and the predictors have amabged to produce a low scoring week. The two midweek BSP matches had most of us in a flap, in fact we all had pretty similar predictions. So, how has all this affected the table?

Despite a low scoring week, Colin Mitchell is still in pole position, with Ian Hunter retaining second place. Peter Foster moves back into the top three, tied on points and 100% corrects with Paul Salt. Grahame Rowley drops back into the bottom half, Alex Tracey moves up 4 places and Bryan Ford jumps up above David Martin into the stake-back position.

As usual the updated table is attached below. Next update will be after the Easter fixtures
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:52:41 PM by Altyant »

bighairedmike

Re: Week 4 Update
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 08:12:44 PM »

No Alty games since the weekend and the predictors have amabged to produce a low scoring week. The two midweek BSP matches had most of us in a flap, in fact we all had pretty similar predictions. So, how has all this affected the table?

Despite a low scoring week, Colin Mitchell is still in pole position, with Ian Hunter retaining second place. Peter Foster moves back into the top three, tied on points and 100% corrects with Paul Salt. Grahame Rowley drops back into the bottom half, Alex Tracey moves up 4 places and Bryan Ford jumps up above David Martin into the stake-back position.

As usual the updated table is attached below. Next update will be after the Easter fixtures

Best word ever!

P.S. Are you at the match on saturday?

jimmyhank

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »

At least my prediction of being bad at predictions is currently running to form!!!

Altyant

Re: Week 4 Update
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 08:36:25 PM »

Best word ever!

P.S. Are you at the match on saturday?

lol oh yes!! Yeah will be at Saturdays game mate

Plenty of time for a title challenge Jimmy!!

jimmyhank

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »

Appreciate your optimism Ant!

Altyant

Week 5 Update
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »

A bumper easter weekend, with 8 games (including the rearranged York v AFC Wimbledon game) has given the predictors soemthing to think about. So how has this affected the table?

Colin Mitchell has finally relinquished top spot, being replaced by Ian Hunter, who was aided by being the only person predicting Chelsea to beat United 2-1. John Edwards and Pete Hennerley are both tied for third place after impressive weeks. In the top half, George Heslop and Brian Flynn are non-movers, Peter Foster is down 3 to 6 and Anthony moves into the top half.

In the bottom half Bryan Ford and David Martin climb 5 and 4 places respectively. Michael and Grahame Rowley both drop a couple of places. Peter Wragg wins the weeks wooden spoon scoring an impressively terrible 0/24(!!!) and as such Peter drops 7 places to 13th. Alex Tracey remians 14th, Baldrick drops into the stake-back position while Mike Garnetts correct prediction of York 2 Alty 1 moves him up one place. Phil Jordan and Jimmy Hankinson bring up the rear.

Its all still to play for with 9 points separating top and bottom. Next update will be thursday of next week, as the games start to come thick and fast  :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:52:56 PM by Altyant »

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »

Have I misunderstood the scoring system, or is my total incorrect ? With six of the results missing and unchecked, I reckon I've got 13 points, yet the table shows only 8 !

Altyant

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »

Hi Phil - have just had a scan through, 8 points appears to be correct.

Scoring system works as follows:

If you had predicted York to win 2-1 on Monday, you would get:

1 point for predicting Yorks goal tally correctly
1 point for predicting Altys goal tally correctly
1 bonus point for getting the result 100% correct.

If you still think there is an issue let me know.

edit - it seems that maybe the scoring system wasnt totally clear on the form. Everyone has been scored on the same system, as shown above. Apologies for the confusion
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:50:31 PM by Altyant »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TASC Football Predictions Competition 2010