PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Russia to host 2018 World Cup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Russia to host 2018 World Cup  (Read 23748 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Russia to host 2018 World Cup
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

Qatar doesnt allow alchohol and also doesnt allow Jews to enter the country, what happens if Israel qualify?? England should organise an alternative world cup in 2022 for those countries that dont want to play in 115f heat hosted by jewish hating female stoners...

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 04:41:38 PM »

the ural mountains divide Europe and Asia and the urals are in the middle of russia?

Yekaterinburg is the only city east(ish) of the urals hosting games, a 2 hour flight from Moscow. The border of Europe/Asia goes through some of the city.

To be fair, I did say the majority would be played in the western side.

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 05:07:33 PM »

Qatar doesnt allow alchohol and also doesnt allow Jews to enter the country, what happens if Israel qualify?? England should organise an alternative world cup in 2022 for those countries that dont want to play in 115f heat hosted by jewish hating female stoners...

jews don't only play for israel.  There are jewish communiites around the world - africa, europe, Iran, Australia, India, China, the middle east...you name it (almost).  if the hosts are allowed to determine who is in the squad, the management, the press crews etc then the game has sold a bit more of its soul.

this decision is utterly mad.

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »

jews don't only play for israel.  There are jewish communiites around the world - africa, europe, Iran, Australia, India, China, the middle east...you name it (almost).  if the hosts are allowed to determine who is in the squad, the management, the press crews etc then the game has sold a bit more of its soul.

this decision is utterly mad.

Are we certain about this law re Judaism? As York Alty says, that immediately would exclude tens of thousands of people from Greater Manchester (including a couple of thousand in and around Altrincham).

By the way, we got 2 votes out of 22 in the ballot. Australia got 1 out of 22. Absolute joke. Let's hope the British media really go for these corrupt bastards.

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »

It's israeli passprt holders who are banned which reduces the impact but not the prospect/possibility of a qualifying nation being disqualified on grounds of what?? discrimination.

the decision is still mad.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:33:33 PM by York Alty »

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 05:52:08 PM »

Absolute shambles. Still in disbelief. 2 votes. Shocking.

RocketDan

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

is it being shown in the bar?

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 06:34:36 PM »

the 2014 / england vote reminds me of those tinpot elections where the dicator wins with 99.99% of the vote.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »

Absolutely disgraceful. Qatar especially is an awful decision. They're the same size as Northern Ireland. They're downsizing or demolishing almost all of the stadia after the tournament finishes. The games will be played in 50 degree heat.

Russia over England = Poor decision.

Qatar over Australia = Mind-bogglingly sh*te decision.

The bribes have won.

agreed

roytonmike

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »

Am I the only one who would honestly say I don't mind who gets the World Cup in whatever year so long as it isn't us?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »

Am I the only one who would honestly say I don't mind who gets the World Cup in whatever year so long as it isn't us?

why would'nt you care?

markecky

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »

why would'nt you care?

Probably because something happened about five years ago to make it trendy to hate your own country.  Still not sure what it was.

I'd have loved my son to have the chance to see a world cup came when he was 13..

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 07:49:19 PM »

To true cant stand the little Ingerlund haters, the more i think of this opportunity the more it hurts, would have been amazing for the kids and progression of our game in general not to mention the benefits to the economy. Gutted for the whole country.

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »

don't know how you equate not wanting England to host the world cup with hating the  country.  

maybe it's because of the tax scam mentioned on the BBC, the suspension of workers rights, or the beleif that our media will overhype to such a stupid degree that no matter how good it is, it would seem flat.  Maybe its because it may be a financial flop (and yes it could be) and we end up paying the bill.

Many reasons.

personally i'm not too bothered either way 'cos I couldn't afford the tickets anyway.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:03 PM »

I'm sure you all remember my stance on this year's South African junket. This little lot merely goes to make it even more clear that FIFA are a bunch of bent bastards who care only about lining their own pockets.

We should withdraw, and offer an alternative tournament of our own. You just might be surprised how many major countries would be interested - and then ALL of them could withdraw from FIFA and start someting new with the interests of FOOTBALL at heart.

I personally don't care if I never see a World Cup game of any description ever again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Russia to host 2018 World Cup