News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how much of this should the club worry about

Author Topic: how much of this should the club worry about  (Read 2237 times)

Jezza

« on: February 18, 2012, 02:12:57 PM »

I don't know how many alty fans have a couple of kids and earn jointly or singly more than £26k but that's my situation.

Just had my family tax credit through and I will lose the £40 a month for my two kids...that's £480 a year....because my joint income is just too high!

Also had my united utility water annual bill that is £50 more this year....and double the national average because of the old ratings value for a nice area like alty...

That's just the last two days post losing me £530 a year.....my car insurance is due next week....I expect a 20% rise at least on the £300 meaning another £60...I have two cars not unlike many so that's £120 bringing the posted total to £650 ayear more I have to find.

I use about £90 of diesel every two days..diesel has just hit a record high of £1.439 a litre...my company pays the diesel but it makes it unlikely I'll be getting any pay rise......

times are hard....

York Alty

Re: how much of this should the club worry about
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »

times are tough.  three children, plus me living off one income but it is a good income.  I am going to lose the child benefit that makes a considerable difference unless government plans change.  As it happens I'm not totally against all those changes but the basic lack of social justice whereby 2 incomes @ 39k each keep it but 1 @ 40k lose it really does p1ss me off.

Anyway, should the club be concerned? yes, anything that eats away at the disposable income of Alty fans has a greater potential impact than say Man Utd or City.  What can be done is a different matter.  It's down to fans to support the club in any way they can.

Good luck with the finances.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

times are tough.  three children, plus me living off one income but it is a good income.  I am going to lose the child benefit that makes a considerable difference unless government plans change.  As it happens I'm not totally against all those changes but the basic lack of social justice whereby 2 incomes @ 39k each keep it but 1 @ 40k lose it really does p1ss me off.

Anyway, should the club be concerned? yes, anything that eats away at the disposable income of Alty fans has a greater potential impact than say Man Utd or City.  What can be done is a different matter.  It's down to fans to support the club in any way they can.

Good luck with the finances.

Doesn't affect me, but I find this change totally unacceptable.     

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »

2 incomes @ 39k each keep it but 1 @ 40k lose it really does p1ss me off.

....and so it should.  I can't help thinking that a chancellor prepared to embrace this policy, regardless of anything else he might be responsible for, is worthy of only our contempt.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 06:19:57 PM »

Things are generally bad all round...but it affects the other clubs more or less in the same manner (other perhaps than UU charging you for living in a posh area...but you can install a water meter to get round that one)

Make sure you shop around for your car insurance and consider using quidco.co.uk to help also.

Altyroo

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »

wish i earnt 40k. Try living off 17k with 2 kids. Might be the reason i hardly get to games.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

The basic test on water meter or rateable value is ................if you have more bedrooms than people, then get a water meter...if you have more people than bedrooms then stay on rateable value.
UU's website explains it better
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team