PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Altrincham Youth v Darlington Youth
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Radio Robins: Altrincham Youth v Darlington Youth  (Read 4312 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Robins: Altrincham Youth v Darlington Youth
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »

A very enjoyable evening, a good game between two good sides with some lovely flowing football and good technical ability. Darlington just too strong and clinical on the night.

A couple of points we missed last night, an excellent referee! He missed a couple of challenges I thought and one offside (not the 1st goal, he was played onside by the centre half) but let a couple of late sliding tackeles go, as ther ewill be in such conditions. By doing so none of the players bothered to make anything of it and got up and got on with it. Absolutely let the game flow, the one yellow card was entirely correct and approraite.

Also, no physios required. A long time since I can remeber a game without a stoppage.

Thought George's lads played brillianty. Sam Grimshaw did very well as mentioned but Ryan Barry was also excellent in midfield, he did a hell of a lot of unnoticed work shielding his back four particularly in the 1st half. Matt Fearon gave a much more mature display than he did in games last season (until the end when tiredness set him back to his default mode) and shone much more. Ollie Riley was ncie on the ball but the game passed him by a bit. He needs to work on his fitness so that he can always be involved in the game. And Derryn Ofori gave a very good display as a lone striker, he just needs now to concentrate on hitting his shots harder (practice his technique) to work the keeper.

Some lovely football, must be down to the coaches.

Fair play to Darlo too, a good keeper and striker who was clinical and 2 excellent wingers although I think looking at their faces at the end they knew they'd been given more of a game that they originally expected.
I was told the ref was only a Level 5 ref(at the moment). The same level as ATS and myself. I thought he was better than some of the refs that have officated in the Blue Square Nth this season.
They really should be beating teams like us

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »

Well done Ballers, hope the DVD helped but they are a right bunch of muscleman these Darlo boys (ooooh!).

Meanwhile York won 3-1 at Prescot Cables mainly because of a rather unseemly brawl in the second half which reduced them to 10 when they were the favourites to win.

Indeed, many thanks for providing a dvd of such an obscure match Phil, I know George appreciated it hugely. And that's what some of these scouse teams can be like, very good but wrong attitude.

Here's definatley wishing you luck against Macc in the next round!!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »

Well done Ballers, hope the DVD helped but they are a right bunch of muscleman these Darlo boys (ooooh!).

Meanwhile York won 3-1 at Prescot Cables mainly because of a rather unseemly brawl in the second half which reduced them to 10 when they were the favourites to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDAaZWXOU

In the next round we have Altrincham fans' favourite club, Macclesfield Town.

What does it say on that flag? Something about "Hating Macc"?

:D

308....that's a decent crowd for Prescot.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins: Altrincham Youth v Darlington Youth