PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taking a nipper to alty
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Taking a nipper to alty  (Read 8267 times)

Hamilton

Re: Taking a nipper to alty
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 10:40:27 PM »

Back in the late 80's I took my lads to a pre season friendly they were about 9 & 6.  The eldest is a lover of sports but the youngest has never been interested in sports.. Half way through the first half the youngest turned to me and said "Which ones are Alty"... :D

I had a similar experience one time when I took a girlfriend to a match and she asked if it was the team that scored first who wins!

thegazelle

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 11:22:43 PM »

i once took a girlfriend to a match and she commented they are very good aren't they, they can kick the ball really high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aagh bless em

seasonticket

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 08:33:44 AM »

My youngest daughter was about fifteen when we played Witton? in CSC final at The Drill Field. We sat in the stand.
Towards the end it all kicked off with just about every player involved in a punch up. The result of which Chris Sharrat (I think) was sent off.
The presentations were made at the front of the stand directly in front of as. The garbbage ref stood infront of me and I was able to lean over and whisper in his ear
exactly what I thought of him . I should add the whisper could probably have been heard on Northwich train station.
Daughter could not wait to get haome and tell her Mum how brill it was,  the punch up, dad telling the ref, " i am coming to more games" she said and got a season ticket the next season.
I did assure her all games did not kick off like that one, but after one season she lost interest.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:27 AM »

Took one of my granddaughters (She was 4 at the time) the other year with Mrs S and myself in our Alty tops. At half time, she asked when Grandpa was going to play!! (Even I didn't think we were that bad that day!)   :D :D

Good job is wasnt last Sat SR. I reckon you would have had a good chance of getting a shout from Lee  ;)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »

My father took me to Old trafford(barsteward) in the mid 50s i would only be about 5 or6
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »

Took one of my granddaughters (She was 4 at the time) the other year with Mrs S and myself in our Alty tops. At half time, she asked when Grandpa was going to play!! (Even I didn't think we were that bad that day!)   :D :D

Good job is wasnt last Sat SR. I reckon you would have had a good chance of getting a shout from Lee  ;)

Actually Ray, was a little disappointed not to be the 'overage player' last night!  :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »

Three claims from Bogman..
1. Daisy went to Kiddie in 1984 (in Mrs Bogman) the day we found out Daisy was on the way..
2. Daisy then attended Irlam Town friendly on Aug 2nd 1985 aged 1 month old
3. Daisy attended first home league game at ML in Aug 1985 an was admitted on her very own staff pass that she still has today!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 10:03:20 PM »

1. Daisy went to Kiddie in 1984 (in Mrs Bogman) the day we found out Daisy was on the way..
3. Daisy attended first home league game at ML in Aug 1985 an was admitted on her very own staff pass that she still has today!

If that doesn't deserve a Goodwin, I don't know what does! You should be reported to the NSPCC
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

daisy

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »

If that doesn't deserve a Goodwin, I don't know what does! You should be reported to the NSPCC

I think I deserve a Goodwin too...for not reporting him to the NSPCC!  :)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »

So you do!  ;)

daisy

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »

Awesome!  :D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taking a nipper to alty