PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taking a nipper to alty
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Taking a nipper to alty  (Read 8269 times)

NorthernMonkey

Taking a nipper to alty
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »

Thinking of taking meladdo on Saturday; mrs is away and I fancy a proper boys day.

When did the dads on here first take yours down to a live game?

Only concern is that he's not quite 2; wondering if he'll get bored before the 90 minutes is up.

Dynamo Joe

Re: Taking a nipper to alty
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »

If it helps. I'm somewhat older than that and even I sometimes get bored before the 90 minutes is up...

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:43:15 PM »

:D

62vintage

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:46:11 PM »

My lads first game was FGR away when we managed to lose after being 3-1 up in the second half, he would have been nearly one then. He is now two and a bit and we sit in the main stand and he loves it. A typical Alty fan really! I just make sure he has plenty of juice and snacks.
During last season ExGK altered a shirt for him and as soon as that comes out he is raring to go. It makes me happy just seeing his face at the game and he claps everything, even the opposition!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:56 PM »

Back in the late 80's I took my lads to a pre season friendly they were about 9 & 6.  The eldest is a lover of sports but the youngest has never been interested in sports.. Half way through the first half the youngest turned to me and said "Which ones are Alty"... :D

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »

Jennifer first went to Moss Lane at 10 months - it was the Graham Heathcote getting narkey game v Lewes.

She's 3 now and we reckoned she would get bored watching the full 90 minutes.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

I took junior to his first and,so far, only game aged 6 v heed in our customary disappointing fa cup defeat last season.
Surprisingly he has shown little motivation to do another game.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 09:10:06 AM »

As long as I don't put him off football for life - it's bad enough his mum nagging to switch channel...

He seems to like footy on telly and worst case I think he'll like the singing and clapping.

mrsband

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 09:53:56 AM »

My son was 6 weeks old when he came to his first Alty game!! He is nearly 6 now, and although we dont come so much anymore, he still wears an Alty shirt at weekends!! And he checks the scores on my laptop!!  If you sit in the family stand, you can keep an eye on him if he wants a wander down the front, or take a little ball for him to play with. He wont go far!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »

A portion of chips or a bag of sweets from the Club Shop and a can of Coke may help to keep his attention.

Try not to do this too soon or he'll be wanting seconds later on !

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:10:06 PM »

My son was 6 weeks old when he came to his first Alty game!! He is nearly 6 now, and although we dont come so much anymore, he still wears an Alty shirt at weekends!! And he checks the scores on my laptop!!  If you sit in the family stand, you can keep an eye on him if he wants a wander down the front, or take a little ball for him to play with. He wont go far!

Thinking of a quiet terrace so he can run around and burn off energy without bothering other people.

There'll be some fruity language I'm sure, but nothing worse than when he's overheard my DIY efforts.  ;)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »

If you're going to take him on the terraces I'd recommend the Flaggers terracing in front of the club shop.

If you go on the popular side you'll have to put up with the rantings of Mr Birch.

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »

Yeah not a bad shout. Handy when he pesters me for a pint as well.  ;)

Robin Reliant

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »

Back in the late 80's I took my lads to a pre season friendly they were about 9 & 6.  The eldest is a lover of sports but the youngest has never been interested in sports.. Half way through the first half the youngest turned to me and said "Which ones are Alty"... :D

I did that,when taken to Old Trafford in 1952 at about the same age. Must be an attention span thing.  I didn't get taken again for several years,and then it was to Moss Lane,and I've been hooked ever since.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 05:49:34 PM »

Took one of my granddaughters (She was 4 at the time) the other year with Mrs S and myself in our Alty tops. At half time, she asked when Grandpa was going to play!! (Even I didn't think we were that bad that day!)   :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taking a nipper to alty