PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Welcome to Sam Wedgbury
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Welcome to Sam Wedgbury  (Read 8238 times)

dan_mtfc

Re: Welcome to Sam Wedgbury
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »

If that was true how bad a state are (S)mac Town in ?? Plus what bad negotiations that would be by us to pay the player more money than his parent club pays him .... They really are a weird breed aren't they over there?

Laughable comment. Laughable Fans. Laughable Club.

Idiot

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 01:22:54 PM »

If that was true how bad a state are (S)mac Town in ?? Plus what bad negotiations that would be by us to pay the player more money than his parent club pays him .... They really are a weird breed aren't they over there?

Idiot

Inbred  ;)

dan_mtfc

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »

Idiot

Inbred  ;)

I credited Alty with a bit more humanity considering what we have been through, but obviously not, I wouldn't slag your club off if you had lost your manager and player inside 10 months.

Get a grip, its only football.

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 01:42:21 PM »

I credited Alty with a bit more humanity considering what we have been through, but obviously not, I wouldn't slag your club off if you had lost your manager and player inside 10 months.

Nobody connected with Altrincham made light of either of those events.

Don't be so precious, there's a rivalry, there follows banter. No problem.

dan_mtfc

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »

But theres a time for the banter and at the moment its all still very raw, calling us a laughable club and fans- not many clubs would cope with what we have had to and if it was Alty you would react the same, that comment was inappropriate and idiotic.

joe

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »

But theres a time for the banter and at the moment its all still very raw, calling us a laughable club and fans- not many clubs would cope with what we have had to and if it was Alty you would react the same, that comment was inappropriate and idiotic.

His comments were nothing to do with recent events so therefore not inappropriate and idiotic. I'm sure i can speak for everyone at Altrincham Football Club that we all send our deepest sympathies. Banter is banter!

dan_mtfc

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »

Sorry I disagree, those comment were uncalled for.

As for Wedgbury, good player hasn't been given a chance here and I hope he does well.

joe

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 01:52:07 PM »

Sorry I disagree, those comment were uncalled for.

As for Wedgbury, good player hasn't been given a chance here and I hope he does well.

He had a decent game last night and could be a good signing if we can keep him a while.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 02:45:23 PM »

Have a word with yourself dan,you sound like a scouser.Someone Having a pop at our local rivals as has always happened,has nothing at all to do with the very sad events at macclesfield in recent months.Your words on here are actually belittling, these two very tradgic events. 

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »

If I hear the word 'banter' one more time...

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »

Dan - nobody on here has said a word that can reasonably construed as a jibe, a joke, or a wise-crack at the expense of the two deaths that have hit your club. Nobody. Nobody has and I hope that nobody ever will.

Plenty of people on here will slag off your club, town, and fans. Plenty of people have done so and plenty of people will continue to do so.

dan_mtfc

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 06:19:45 PM »

Calling a club and fans laughable in light of recent events is not called for, thats the issue. I appreciate the 'banter' but you have to respect that it is all very fresh in the minds of everyone at mtfc so comments like that offend.

As a club and fans we have suffered alot, we are far from laughable.

York Alty

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 06:27:56 PM »

Dan.  Why?

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 06:29:26 PM »

on second thoughts Dan you may want to drop it if rivalry based on decades of mutual loathing upsets you.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »

Dan,

Take a look at how the nasty Alty fans responded to the most recent tragedy to affect your club:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11622.0

What people have said about your club in this thread is not connected in any way to Richard or Keith's untimely deaths, nor does it in any way disrespect their memory.

--------------

Getting back to the original subject of this thread, it's great that Sam played so well and made an immediate impact last night. Let's hope he carries on this form and stays with us for some time!

Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Welcome to Sam Wedgbury