PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Accringtons support
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Accringtons support  (Read 9619 times)

York Alty

Re: Accringtons support
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 12:24:21 AM »

Rhyl, Accrington, Gainsborough, Middlesborough, Barrow, Newcastle...all toilets.  Utter dives that we'd be better off without.

I spent two days in Barrow last week for work, half the place is boarded up & the other half would be if they could afford the wood.  I suspect I doubled the working population of the town when i was there.

Rhyl - went there a few times in the late 70's & early 80's.  I'm not yet ready to try again.

Accrington - does indeeed stink of p1ss.

Newcastle - over hyped, dull pit village. Once saw a tramp eating a dead pigeon there. Sums it up for me.

Middlesborough - come on. Been there three times. Rained every bloody time.  Ugly. Close it down.

Gainsborough - what's it for?  The same goes for Harrogate.  What is the point of bloody Harrogate?  Actually while I'm on a roll I cannot see the point in having Derbyshire either.  Got some hills, but there are better hills elsewhere.  Got some views, but there are better views elsewhere.  Got some pretty villages, but there are prettier ones elsewhere.  Got some caves, but there are better caves elsewhere.  Get my drift...its second best or worse in every department. Close it down.

York's nice though.

I could go on but its getting late...

gunners11

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »

would you go to accrington again york alty . most of accrington is either knocked down or boarded up blackburn road in accrington is nothing there just land even massala takeaway is boarded up anyone else coming to visit the nice town of accrington you might be shocked of dead pigeons and squirrels even you may laugh a ginger cat .and  that smell of booze and piss.

rhyl has gone down hill 

harrogate bit poor really not good

leeds dump!!!!!!!!! that's all i can say on that  one

derbyshire!!!!!!!who the hell invented that  dump sh*thole

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 08:07:05 PM »

derbyshire?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 09:38:55 PM »

Anyone got any opinions on Chipping Sodbury?

York Alty

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »

The only time I'd ever go to accrington again would be to see The Alty.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 10:43:45 PM »

A horrible football club with no support to speak of (their average of just 1414  looks even worse when you consider just how many northern sides there are in L2 that must bring loads, Bratfut, Rochdale, Bury, Morecambe) , that average it's worth noting is nearly 500 worse than the next lowest (Macc, quelle suprise). If they went bust again it would be utterly hilarious, the lack of class and humility these inbred, bandwagon jumpers showed on the way up was always likely to haunt them given their totally inadequate infrastructure and strong likelihood of returning to their natural level (i.e.the Unibond Premier League or lower).

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »

If they went bust again it would be utterly hilarious, the lack of class and humility these inbred, bandwagon jumpers showed on the way up was always likely to haunt them

Totally agree. Compare them to the likes of Exeter who conducted themselves far better during their time in this league and afterwards.

You can't buy class.
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »

Much of the content of this thread is making us as supporters of the club look like collective fools.

That wasn't a retort to you 1981 BTW, you jumped in as I posted.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:49:07 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 11:21:33 PM »

fun though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Accringtons support