News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leave Bandy Alone!!

Author Topic: Leave Bandy Alone!!  (Read 2598 times)

Knutsford Alty

Leave Bandy Alone!!
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:28:07 AM »

Bandy gave 100% everytime he put the magical red and white strip on! So what if he wishes to seek new pastures, people do that everyday in every walk of life.

On difficult trips away to Cambridge, Bandy was there throwing himself in front of the ball to clear the danger.

Good luck Bandy and thanks for all the effort you gave to Altrincham FC

Stockportalty

Re: Leave Bandy Alone!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 09:37:03 AM »

I agree, Bandy gave 100% on the pitch and he and Mrs Band were always there when they could, supporting events at the club.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 09:52:36 AM »

Can I suggest a daily "didn't Bandy try hard thread"?  It would make great reading.

*puts on peaking helmet and crouches*

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 10:05:09 AM »

Ecky thats what I loved about Bandy, his effort.  Bandy would be first to admit he wasnt the greatest player to have lived but he always gave 100%, always. Brick walls didnt seem to stop him and you knew what you were going to get from him every match.

Leroy Chambers take note :)

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »

Bandy gave 100% everytime he put the magical red and white strip on! So what if he wishes to seek new pastures, people do that everyday in every walk of life.

On difficult trips away to Cambridge, Bandy was there throwing himself in front of the ball to clear the danger.

Good luck Bandy and thanks for all the effort you gave to Altrincham FC

well said

James Black

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 08:05:10 PM »

he may of been there at all the social events but him going doesn't it tell you he didn't give us a chance of even 1. been reprieved or 2 going straight back up good ridens

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »

Or he made a decision and stuck with it. Would rather a player that lets us know from day dot rather than hangs on and waits. He did have the good grace to text me as well when he made his decision (and I spoke to him on the phone) and I don't thnk it was that easy for him at all.

I personally did not want bandy to go but now we have Tinson (well probably) and Munroe and maybe its better for him to play closer to home and be guaranteed first team football.

say thanks for all he has done but lets get on with supporting Alty now.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:11:13 PM »

he may of been there at all the social events but him going doesn't it tell you he didn't give us a chance of even 1. been reprieved or 2 going straight back up good ridens 

I usually consider myself to be too old to get sucked in by comments like this but I'll make an exception in your case as you clearly are an ill-informed, ungrateful muffin who obviously can't recognise a player who's given great service to Alty and deserves a lot better than reading the kind of drivel you've just come out with.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:13:26 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:02:51 PM »

Bandy was a fantastic player for our club. Anybody who thinks otherwise is some form of halfwit.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 05:46:48 AM »

Lets be Honest,Bandy was not the only one who gave their all for the club,playing against full timers week in week out.I wish all the players that have left for whatever reason GOOD LUCK at their new clubs(unless they play us in cup matches)I think a big Thank You would not be a miss to all last seasons players for their efforts at trying to keep us up.
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leave Bandy Alone!!