Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 music for old people pt 75 (dont open if young and not interested in old music)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: music for old people pt 75 (dont open if young and not interested in old music)  (Read 12380 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

So, best bands.. try this

1.The Who
2.The Who
3. The Who

Unfortunately, can't get past the El Conko having joined Gary Glitter's band.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

dreadful taste in music? i suggest you reveiw the whole punk era. you will come up with one or two decent bands  and thats it.

i regret not falling for such bands as the undertones and the jam and the clash and the stranglers and ..............................................................
at the time.But do not, in my tiny mind, think they can walk in the same moccassins as the great barclay james harvest.  i mean look at how europe have embraced BJH and still do you dont get xtc playing as they break down the berlin wall do yer.

and yifter the shifter were hardly mould breaking i should have put them on my list live at the jolly Frier or were they surgical supports at that stage live at the park

The guitar player for the great barclay james harvest.thats still going lives in Altrincham on Gaskell road there still have a big following in Germany

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bxssOv-hAy4&feature=related

So does The Hoff......I rest my case.

DON'T HASSLE THE HOFF!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Thought this was music for old people?  I saw people like Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent and the like. Marvin Rainwater, there's a name to conjour with and Conway Twitty to say nothing of Bobby Darin an exceptional talent he had. Don't forget probably the first of the rock stars, Bill Haley closely followed by Elvis. Then there was skiffle, Lonnie Donegan, Chas Mcdevitt and Shirley Dougls, Nancy Whiskey, The Vipers these last few taking American folk songs and selling them back to the Yanks. How cool is that. That was the music I was brought up on as a teenager. Now I am a Katherine Jenkins fan, and before any one jumps to the wrong conclusion, that is for her singing. Mind she is a bit of a looker.

... and I thought I was getting on a bit!

Good on ya, old timer ;) ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Nearest I can get to that lot is eating a 'Ruby Murray'  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

baldrick

You can't beat the 70's for music/football/television/pubs or just about anything else. Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Rainbow, Sex Pistols, Bowie (71-74), The Sweet, Alice Cooper. Great stuff. I feel sorry for people who missed it due to not being born. Those days will never return.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

As a regular gig goer too many to mention but for all the old progressive rock boys, Genesis at Cheadle Hulme Youth Club in November or December 1970!!!!!!!! If you check out their gig history on the web it was about the fourth gig they ever played (it is actually down as Cheadle Socail Club) and I think it was certainly the first one up North. Collins wasn't with them but Gabriel and others were and they ended up staying at a mate's house in Buxton!!

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I think the old memory is fading a bit and I reckon that Genesis gig was actually the back end of 1969!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 music for old people pt 75 (dont open if young and not interested in old music)