Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 music for old people pt 75 (dont open if young and not interested in old music)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: music for old people pt 75 (dont open if young and not interested in old music)  (Read 12381 times)

thegazelle

SUPERTRAMP ......................................................... Dont leave me now 6 mins of brilliance

hodgsons version on you tube is good but the drums make it truely powerful its the next one for the chocolate gorilla

Oh my god i cant believe it
John Mayall born 1933 macclesfield UK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

always said he was sh!t
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:45:44 PM by thegazelle »

Simon Arron

Irrespective of his provenance, I can recommend Mayall's Jazz Blues Fusion (Live).

It's only a single album, though, and I seem to recall that live doubles were always your thing.

He also called his band The Bluesbreakers, which suggests he had more of a thing about Stockport County (or possibly Matlock) than he did about Alty.

thegazelle

live music is indeed my bag john mayall live in Austin (the bear)  was music for old people pt 74. didnt get to the game then mr A

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Hello Simon, long time mate.

Bit indie these days myself but still like some old stuff. No one's touched Zep yet.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Simon Arron

live music is indeed my bag john mayall live in Austin (the bear)  was music for old people pt 74. didnt get to the game then mr A
Didn't get to the game because I was buying garden bird food supplies from a shop in Croydon... On which note, is this the right place to recommend Caravan Live at the Fairfield Halls, a musical masterpiece recorded in 1974?

Hello Simon, long time mate. Bit indie these days myself but still like some old stuff. No one's touched Zep yet.
Hi Steve. Zep still alive and well in the Arron household, partly because Mrs A and I play them, partly because 17-year-old son has absorbed the entire back catalogue and performs accurate renditions on both guitar and mandolin. Git.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I went to see Supertramp on 30th November 1975 at the Palace in Manchester. Joan Armatrading was the support act.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I went to see Supertramp on 30th November 1975 at the Palace in Manchester. Joan Armatrading was the support act.

Saw Jack Bruce that year at the Free Trade Hall ... and Deep Purple there a few years earlier with Nazareth as support (that one cost me 50p to get in!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

I used to work at the Free Trade Hall 1970 to 1978. Awesome gigs, was there for Supertramp. Youngest daughter loves them, and went to see Roger Hogdson last year.
Also saw Genesis as 2nd suport in early 70s, headline Linsifarne,support Rab Noakes, 2nd support Mr Collns and his friends amazing!
Best band ever though has to be Mr Townshedn and his friends, ask Daisy!

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

sorry about the spelling,had  botts of red so far tonight!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

sorry about the spelling,had  botts of red so far tonight!

Join the cluj  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

anyone see Mountain in the 70s? Leslie West still layin' with Corking Laing on drums. Loud and brilliant!
Loudest band in New York! = loudest band anywhere.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

spelling getting worse and worse tonite. Who cares! as long as you know whatI'm rambling on about.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

nite nite all, had lots to drink so off to bo boes!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

nite nite all, had lots to drink so off to bo boes!

Me too. There certainly are some happy campers on here tonight.
Let's hope we all feel this way at this time on Tuesday eh?

Come on you Supers

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Hello Simon, long time mate. Bit indie these days myself but still like some old stuff. No one's touched Zep yet.
Hi Steve. Zep still alive and well in the Arron household, partly because Mrs A and I play them, partly because 17-year-old son has absorbed the entire back catalogue and performs accurate renditions on both guitar and mandolin. Git.
[/quote]

You lucky sod, my daughter loves the so called modern R&b, which isn't er R&B as I know it.
My 12 vyr old boy however likes Sabbath, AC/DC, GunsnRoses,Metallica,etc so the old chip carries on.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 music for old people pt 75 (dont open if young and not interested in old music)