PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury next week
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Salisbury next week  (Read 6968 times)

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
Re: Salisbury next week
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »

I don't wish to teach people to suck eggs here but if anyone hasn't been to Salisbury before the ground is WAAAY out of town. Needs a cab /lift or infrequent bus....not from outside, a walk up to the main road. That train home could be tight. Just for info, don't wish to deter anyone.
Terrible waste of a Saturday drinking fixture.

Oh, we went last year SW, well aware just how bloody far the ground is from town/the station. I do like a nice local Tuesday night fixture.

I'm driving up from Pompey so I'll be passing the station (give or take). Was hoping to persuade a mate or two to come along but if that doesn't happen then I'll happily to pick up two or three on the way through.
Should know what's happening by Saturday.   

Bath Alty

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »

I'm also driving to the game with an empty car and would happily offer a lift to the station to up to 4 - of course none of you know who I am (as I've been an exile since 1977 aged 5) but you'll just have to guess!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:31 PM »

I have had to cancel. I picked up a serious injury playing football 2 weeks ago and cant attempt to drive again for another week.
Salisbury is definately a game that should be played on a Saturday. Very far out of town and difficult to get to.
I went last season.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 10:48:58 PM »

I don't wish to teach people to suck eggs here but if anyone hasn't been to Salisbury before the ground is WAAAY out of town. Needs a cab /lift or infrequent bus....not from outside, a walk up to the main road. That train home could be tight. Just for info, don't wish to deter anyone.

Oh, we went last year SW, well aware just how bloody far the ground is from town/the station. I do like a nice local Tuesday night fixture.

I'm driving up from Pompey so I'll be passing the station (give or take). Was hoping to persuade a mate or two to come along but if that doesn't happen then I'll happily to pick up two or three on the way through.
I'm also driving to the game with an empty car and would happily offer a lift to the station to up to 4 - of course none of you know who I am (as I've been an exile since 1977 aged 5) but you'll just have to guess!

Thank you both for those very kind offers, we may have to take you up on it on the way back certainly. I will be with London Alty's 'top boys',  just listen out for the big Scottish bloke and you'll notice us from there. I would mention famed BBC radio guru Laurence Howarth too but he gets black marks for failing to identify fellow luvvie Derek Jacobi (Cadfael) in the pub we watched the Rushden game in the other night.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 08:01:04 AM »

Thank you both for those very kind offers, we may have to take you up on it on the way back certainly. I will be with London Alty's 'top boys',  just listen out for the big Scottish bloke and you'll notice us from there. I would mention famed BBC radio guru Laurence Howarth too but he gets black marks for failing to identify fellow luvvie Derek Jacobi (Cadfael) in the pub we watched the Rushden game in the other night.

Right, first of all, I didn't actually see him. He'd left by the time I got there. If I'd seen SIR Derek Jacobi (I, Claudius), I would definitely have recognised him. So what I'm getting black marks for is failing to realise who you and Rocky were talking about from the clues given to me - those clues being 'he was a bloke' and 'called Derek... something?'. I think I'll live with that ignominy.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:05:38 AM by Leon »

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »

Aaah, the intellectual thrust and parry I'm missing up here...

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »

Aaah, the intellectual thrust and parry I'm missing up here...

Yeah, but who's thrust and parry? Sounds like you've been spending too much time in the lair of the leather joyboy.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 01:32:32 AM »

Just reading this decending thread makes me realise the split of the original line up was probably a good thing.......
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »

Just reading this decending thread makes me realise the split of the original line up was probably a good thing.......

Nah, it never realised it's true potential. How scary is that?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »

I'll be on the London train - getting back from Waterloo after midnight's going to be fun :)
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

tottenham alty

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 01:58:59 PM »

How is everyone getting from the ground to the train station afterwards - tenner for a taxi I believe?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »

Wish i could have made it,but am working until 2315 hours.0-2 to Alty,Elam and Senior
Harold

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »

Definitely a taxi job. I know of four of us who are getting the 22.25 train back to London, so if there are more, maybe we could book a people carrier taxi.

PM me on here before 4 and we'll sort something out.

How is everyone getting from the ground to the train station afterwards - tenner for a taxi I believe?

tottenham alty

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 02:44:15 PM »

Definitely a taxi job. I know of four of us who are getting the 22.25 train back to London, so if there are more, maybe we could book a people carrier taxi.

PM me on here before 4 and we'll sort something out.

Looks like I won't be able to make it out of work in time to make kick-off. Could have arranged an early finish but too late now  :(.

Weymouth away looks like my next opportunity of seeing the boys - pushing for play-offs by then hopefully!!

Bath Alty

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »

I can offer a lift to four at a sqeeze to the station after match
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury next week