PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 solid draw
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: solid draw  (Read 9380 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
solid draw
« on: February 14, 2015, 04:58:26 PM »

They were no pushovers shame we could not make the extra man count at the end well done
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

Re: solid draw
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »

We played well today. I saw their second coming about 2 mins before they scored, you could tell we lost our shape.

Overall very happy with a draw, we deserved to win in my opinion.

Clee was outstanding today.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 06:10:59 PM »

Why do we have to go behind though before we get going. We hardly had any possession in the first 15 minutes and then suddenly we found our feet.

finnquark

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 06:14:05 PM »

We don't wait until going behind to get going. Prior to the Macc loss we'd won four in a row without going behind.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »

I think solid draw does not do us justice I thought we outplayed them and deserved more we have to take a small risk in the summer because of forest green and macc can make the play offs there is no reason why we can't also clee today looked like he was 20
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:25:36 PM by Jimmy »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 07:32:44 PM »

We dominated the game and had loads of good positions but just lacked a little quality in the final third.

Again we faced a full time team, with a part time squad in which every player today played in the conf North, looked the better, fitter team and came away disappointed with a draw.

Bristol Rovers are going to have to do really well next saturday to beat us, fancy us actually.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 09:00:00 PM »

Very enjoyable game , think they had the luck on there side for second goal , first goal we gave to them bad defending , we don't look out of our depth any more at this level .

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 09:12:35 PM »

We were excellent today. Played some lovely football at times. We were worth three points, even though I'd have taken the draw before we kicked off. Clee was excellent, but yet again the outstanding player for me was Tom Marshall. Credit too to Simon Richman who must have run miles !

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 09:28:50 PM »

I probably dumbed down The performance in my original post we were very impressive

I likewise would have been happy with a point at 3pm but felt we did enough to win

ripleym

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 09:40:33 PM »

I feel that, under slightly different circumstances, we could be looking at 4 points from the last 6, or possibly even 6 points.

It's not disappointment, more a case of increasing satisfaction and expectation.

We are looking like a team that can compete against - and beat - anybody in this league.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »

I feel that, under slightly different circumstances, we could be looking at 4 points from the last 6, or possibly even 6 points.

It's not disappointment, more a case of increasing satisfaction and expectation.

We are looking like a team that can compete against - and beat - anybody in this league.
great post

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 10:18:30 PM »

We were excellent today. Played some lovely football at times. We were worth three points, even though I'd have taken the draw before we kicked off. Clee was excellent, but yet again the outstanding player for me was Tom Marshall. Credit too to Simon Richman who must have run miles !

My MotM, put a hell of a shift in winning the ball and making the simple pass.

Barring Bath, I don't feel we've missed Cavangh too much, which says how well we've been playing of late. If we could finish in the top half it would be a great achievement. Let's keep pushing on.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 10:38:36 PM »

Despite a very good performance id say we have missed cav I would also say its time for leather to return Luca and masha have played well but distribution not as good

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 10:55:49 PM »

My point is that we seem to stand off the pro teams until we realise they are only pro because they can't face the prospect of getting a "proper job". The  part timers of Alty are easily as good and they should believe in themselves from the starting whistle. Can't wait to judge our ability against Barnet.

As long as we don't keep hoofing it clear I'm sure we'll do a decent job.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »

Highly entertaining game which we deserved to win. Thought Havern, Marshall, Richman and Clee were supurb.

Don't know if putting Sinnott on infront of Willliams is a statement of intent from LS.

Half way through a run  of 4 very hard games and I feel we should have at least 3 points more than we have.

Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 solid draw