News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Long Live Radio Cumbria!

Author Topic: Long Live Radio Cumbria!  (Read 1631 times)

tottenham alty

Long Live Radio Cumbria!
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »

Was honestly surprised to see that there is commentary tonight, wouldn't have expected Radio Cumbria to broadcast the game, but as someone said in another post, its not like they have much local competition up there!

Am wondering if these commentators can string two sentences together?! Either way, will be tuned in!!!

COMON ALTY!!!!!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Long Live Radio Cumbria!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »

If they use the same two commentators who covered our game at Barrow in August, then you will have no problems at all.

They were unbiased and knowledgeable: two traits that are generally absent from BBC local radio match commentaries on Alty matches....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »

If they use the same two commentators who covered our game at Barrow in August, then you will have no problems at all.

They were unbiased and knowledgeable: two traits that are generally absent from BBC local radio match commentaries on Alty matches....!

Yeah they were decent. I remember being particularly surprised that the ex-pro 'analyst' (which is usually a synonym for 'f**kwit') actually made some decent points. His assessment of Dale was spot on - "Looking at the lad Johnson, he's got strength, awareness and great feet for a big man. He looks to have everything in his locker apart from a finish" - Very insightful!

Of course, I shan't be needing their pearls of wisdom. I'm making my way over to Alty from Liverpool shortly  ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:58:47 AM by fuertes »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »

Yeah they were decent. I remember being particularly surprised that the ex-pro 'analyst' (which is usually a synonym for 'f**kwit') actually made some decent points. His assessment of Dale was spot on - "Looking at the lad Johnson, he's got strength, awareness and great feet for a big man. He looks to have everything in his locker apart from a finish" - Very insightful!

Of course, I shan't be needing their pearls of wisdom. I'm making my way over to Alty from Liverpool shortly  ;D

Expecting a bit of a queue then are you  ;) :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Long Live Radio Cumbria!