News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FFS just stop!!

Author Topic: FFS just stop!!  (Read 3162 times)

jamestimperleyrobin

FFS just stop!!
« on: October 10, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »

I'm sick of all these back and forward, positive to negative comments. We win/draw with a late equiliser one week and we're jubilant and then we lose and you would think the world has come to an end. I know we were apparently pathetic on Saturday but that doesn't mean we should post ten topics saying release every player and I hope we do well in the BSN. We've got to stop with these inconsistant comments and start relaxing a little bit!! The only critisism we should be giving out should be constructive, not the ranting constructive critisism but the calm civilised and effectful critisism. I'm ready for the trademark angry replies to come in my direction....

markecky

Re: FFS just stop!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »

Its a forum.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:00:11 PM »

Its a forum.

I know but doesn't mean we should certify relagation

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:05:01 PM »

People often post things at emotional times.

There was nothing at all to be positive about yesterday.

That said, I certainly do not believe any team has been relegated at the start of October and I continue to believe that Ken McKenna is the man to get us out of this with his own players.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:28:46 PM »

I'm sick of all these back and forward, positive to negative comments. We win/draw with a late equiliser one week and we're jubilant and then we lose and you would think the world has come to an end. I know we were apparently pathetic on Saturday but that doesn't mean we should post ten topics saying release every player and I hope we do well in the BSN. We've got to stop with these inconsistant comments and start relaxing a little bit!! The only critisism we should be giving out should be constructive, not the ranting constructive critisism but the calm civilised and effectful critisism. I'm ready for the trademark angry replies to come in my direction....

Fair point. People do go OTT. It's understandable when they've just spent a lot of time and money, but probably a tad unhelpful. I certainly have no time for anyone who starts saying we should be happy with BSN.

Two good results in the Cup, £40,000 to spend on loans/new signings, we could propel ourselves out of danger. We must stick together and keep the faith.

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:31:43 PM »

Based on the last couple of years, we will need between 47 and 50 points to stay up. We currently have 7 points, meaning we will need at least 40 points from the remaining 32 games

Broken down, that's 10 wins, 10 draws, 12 losses.

looking at the games left to play we should be picking points up against....

Bath City (home and away)
Barrow (away)
Cambridge (home and away)
Eastbourne (home)
Forest Green Rovers (home and away)
Gateshead (home)
Histon (home)
Hayes and Yeading (Home and Away)
Kettering (home)
Tamworth (home and away)

In my opinion we need to win at least 8 of those 15 fixtures and draw the other 7, leaving another 10ish points from the other 17 games.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:43:02 PM by RocketDan »

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »

I agree with James to be honest.

I have stopped reading half the posts on here now.

One week YAY we are going to be safe.

Next week lets get all the players out.

The up shot is no matter which way you look at it, we are in it up to our waist in doodoo.

Time will tell, but consitency in views from people would be good rather than swinging more than John Snows election swingometer.

John W

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »

People are understandably downbeat after each apparently bad performance with talk about relegation, but how anyone can say that those who mention the 'R' word are idiots is incredible.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »

People are understandably downbeat after each apparently bad performance with talk about relegation, but how anyone can say that those who mention the 'R' word are idiots is incredible.

There's a difference between talking about relegation and resigning to it. The latter IS idiotic, the first slightly pessimistic.

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 12:45:42 AM »

Fair point James, but Saturday was a pretty miserable performance. No shots on target from Alty in 90 minutes. Sometimes people look at the last match and think the remaining matches will all be played at that level. And if that was the case then Alty are doomed. Hopefully they can rectify things on Saturday. Histon aren't even a decent side. They're good at headers, and probably had some confidence after the previous  week, so losing in the fashion they did was very disappointing.

One thing I wonder about is why isn't Densmore operating in midfield? I think he's wasted in defence. Maybe he's providing cover, but he is a quality player who should be in the thick of it in midfield.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 07:38:52 AM »

Fair post Nottingham. We all tend to blame the goalkeeper/defence/attack - but I believe our main problem is a lack of creativity in midfield. And THAT'S why we really need Shaun to be playing there. I think the only way to achieve this is to play James Smith at right back - the only alternatives in that position are Robbie Lawton (two pens in a row tells us why that's not desirable) and Marc Joseph (DEGT).

Butty

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »

To be honest, I agree with James, if you looked on here last week, you wouldnt have thought we were bottom of the league- everyone was upbeat, we're going to do this and stay up, but this week, after just 1 more match, we're all depressed again.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 06:54:23 PM »

I also agree with the original post, despite how bad Saturday was there have been signs of improvement and I have confidence we can build on that. Just a blip in our super survival campaign!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FFS just stop!!