PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any trialists
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any trialists  (Read 4799 times)

Jenga

Any trialists
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:10:39 PM »

Any reports of any trialists in the two pre season games we have played so far?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Any trialists
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »

Chris Bailey ex Nantwich has looked ok if the management think we need another left back, that's about it.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 10:23:49 PM »

From the RR commentary may also have pace enough for the wing.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »

bailey the left back has a bit of pace , ok tackling but does seem to be lacking confidence going forward , near the end of the game he did venture forward and seems okish  (I think its  down to confidence and not screwing up in front of sinnot ) . freaks ........ npl with him or he will warm the bench up well he makes lacey look good
FFS

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »

on these comments I hope we have other irons in the fire then, otherwise we don't look like bringing in any more first team players but more like bench warmers.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 12:17:01 PM »

I would suggest that with the Football League season starting a fortnight before ours, we may well see a lot of released trialists appearing at non league clubs over the next couple of weeks. It's early days yet.
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 12:38:40 PM »

that could indeed be the other way of looking at it. On the basis we don't have any what you would call first team trialists could suggest we do have irons in the fire and LS is not particularly bothered about trying out players who could waste his time.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »

My opinion and my opinion only but if its the title we are aiming for and not the play offs we need to see a minimum of two quality new players

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 04:01:18 PM »

My opinion and my opinion only but if its the title we are aiming for and not the play offs we need to see a minimum of two quality new players

I know Richman and Clee were absent, but according to last night's RR commentary, we seemed to show a lack of cover on the wings and a lack of creativity. I also think we need more cover at the back.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »

I know Richman and Clee were absent, but according to last night's RR commentary, we seemed to show a lack of cover on the wings and a lack of creativity. I also think we need more cover at the back.

I think what needs to be considered re last night is that we played our SECOND psf against a team who (a) Have played more games than us, (b) Were significantly better than us, (c) For a good part of last season were in contention for promotion to the Championship

It is (or in my view should be) diificult to make any sort of objective judgement on where we are at the moment based on last night.

Also don't forget that but for a good save from James Lawrie it would have been 3-2

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »

I think what needs to be considered re last night is that we played our SECOND psf against a team who (a) Have played more games than us, (b) Were significantly better than us, (c) For a good part of last season were in contention for promotion to the Championship

It is (or in my view should be) diificult to make any sort of objective judgement on where we are at the moment based on last night.

Also don't forget that but for a good save from James Lawrie it would have been 3-2

Did he play a stint in goal last night?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »

Bailey looked ok.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »

Last night was not our second pre-season game against a team significantly better than us. I don't know if you were there on Saturday or not but Accrington only beat us due to us having tired legs and them bringing on 8 substitutes with 20 minutes left to get the winning goals.

As for the bit in bold, if Tranmere had wanted to go on and make it 5 or 6 they could have done. The fact that James Lawrie could have made it 3-2 has little bearing as to how we played. The result would have been better to see, but would have bore no reflection at all on the game.

JDN

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »

Still 2 or 3 quality players required, particularly right sided midfield

we looking strong for the play offs but would be needing a fair bit more to win the league at the moment

nothing of any real interest on trail either

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 07:58:45 PM »

Last season we had a few players who were only really going to be first choice subs. What we need are subs that are fighting for a 1st XI place and capable of doing as good a job as those they replace. Now and again we might be able to rest a player or 2 and win a CSC game!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any trialists