News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STATTO????

Author Topic: STATTO????  (Read 1702 times)

Jacko

STATTO????
« on: November 25, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »

Some interesting stats on us this season here,

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/altrincham

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: STATTO????
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

look at that ranked in the bottom two or three for goals scored but top three for defence at home, this confirms what I expoected that its the change to 3 at the back that has had the biggest improvement not the three at the front, mggregor and young top class
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »

look at that ranked in the bottom two or three for goals scored but top three for defence at home, this confirms what I expoected that its the change to 3 at the back that has had the biggest improvement not the three at the front, mggregor and young top class

Fully agree. Our defence has never looked so good.
As a team, we have been struggling to score freely for years (even with Colin's enormous individual haul)
The difference now is that we may only need to score once to win. (1-0 is our most frequent score I think isn't it?)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »

I'll more or less go along with this, Youngy in particular has been awesome this year, but everyone at the back has done well.

However, the defence comes under less pressure when the opposing side fears our attack; you're not going to throw men forward when the likes of Elam, Little, Johnson and Senior would be left with acres of space.

In summary: Yes, the defence are doing really well. However, it's a team effort and the lads elsewhere on the pitch deserve credit too.  ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:32:08 PM »

Perhaps you're right.

It's nice to be able to have discussions as to which units of the team are performing best (when they're ALL doing fantastic).

Didn't think I'd see that for a good number of years - and I hope the belt-tightening mentioned by GR doesn't mean departures from the very small but 'together' and committed squad of ours.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

altyf

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 05:28:02 PM »

Incredible stats when you think about it...after our 4-3 loss to Barrow and with players such as Denham, Johnson, Senior, Little and Elam, I think most people expected us to be near the top for goals scored and lower down for goals conceded. It's spot on what has been said in that players like Johnson, Little, Senior and Elam cannot be ignored by opposing teams and that attack really can be the best form of defence when you've got a solid back three to rely on.

I think this shows we should give particular credit to the signings of McGregor, Danylyk and Young who have been consistently outstanding and allowed us to play some of the attacking football. And James Smith looks like he could be an equally astute signing.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STATTO????