News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dear Team

Author Topic: Dear Team  (Read 2622 times)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Dear Team
« on: August 19, 2007, 12:36:33 PM »

Dear Team,

Please can we try whipping crosses into the box on Saturday instead of floating them in high.

Thanks

Crewe Robin

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Team
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:45:46 PM »

Why so much negatively? We are lucky to be in this league, though we have made our own luck. If we stay up it would be a very good achievement and a massive bonus. As long as the players are doing the best that they can, that is all I can ask for. We have got the ability to reach the 53 points to ensure our safety and maybe get a few more points.
They really should be beating teams like us

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »

Dear Team,

Please can we try whipping crosses into the box on Saturday instead of floating them in high.

Thanks

Crewe Robin

Perhaps the management have told the players to deliver balls into the box like this? Remember we don't have a big target forward who would thrive on balls like that. Unless you have Peter Crouch lined up for us?   ;)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 12:57:02 PM »

it wasn't intended negatively.

Remember we don't have a big target forward who would thrive on balls like that

Surely low whipped in crosses would suit our small forwards better than high floating ones that are easy for the big defenders/keepers to deal with. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go yesterday but from the match report, O'Neil's header sounds like the freekick he scored from was whipped in rather than floated. Just think we'd have more joy with low, fast crosses.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:04:43 PM by Crewe Robin »

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 01:44:04 PM »

and, to the defense, please remember to defend at the whistle - not 5 minutes afterwards.

(I tease! I believe they will come good)

Alex

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »

but from the match report, O'Neil's header sounds like the freekick he scored from was whipped in rather than floated.

nah it was more that there keeper dropped the ball and as it bobbled around with people trying to clear it joe nodded it in. i know what u mean about the crosses but in truth when ur chasing the game u just put the ball in the danger area and hope, but i think that yesterday there two center halfs were immense everytime it looked like we had a chance they cut it out, and when we managed to get the ball beond them they were strong enough to shepperd the ball either behind the goal or to there keeper who in truth had an easy afternoon.

but keep the faith we have the basis of a strong team, they just need to gel and work out how to play with each other and the results will follow.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »

The center halves are immense for every team, we need to play Potts and Senior/Thornley on the wings to create chances upfront we have tried all the other methods for two seasons, why not try let Thornely and Potts establish themselves over 3/4 games which i am sure they would do.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 04:50:34 PM »

because as much as rod is a good player and can create things he is clearly not fit enough to start a game and play 90 mins as seen towards the end of last season where he was clearly knackered after 40-50 mins and pottsy away from home is best coming of the bench to change things up (the only problem yesterday was that we were already 3-1 down and there defenders were controling the game) but at home it might be worth trying senior and potts. but it's up to GH and i have every faith in him that he can turn this around.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »

Agree, 'Cote is trying to keep things tight leaving Potts on the bench. It's a balance between keeping things tight and creating chances. Glad I'm not 'Cote!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 06:57:31 PM »

Perhaps the management have told the players to deliver balls into the box like this? Remember we don't have a big target forward who would thrive on balls like that. Unless you have Peter Crouch lined up for us?   ;)

Whoosh away if necessary but long floted high balls to Chris Senior aren't the way ahead. It wuld be nice to see some crosses whipped in. Be as positive as you want but for me yesterday was largely a dire altrincham performance that can't be repeated.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dear Team