PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shambles
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Shambles  (Read 12080 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Shambles
« on: March 26, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »

Take lawrie off and bring rankine on to turn it in to a game of head tennis when we had numerical advantage? 30 years and I've seen us win one "six pointer" in three decades, at Cheltenham. they were just as bad as us. They should be f**king ashamed of themselves, anyone who clapped that off is taking the piss. Woeful.

Bath Alty

Re: Shambles
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »

I agree with the sentiment but it was Heathcote who came off for Rankine, which was the right decision.  It's just that we then insist on lumping it forward.  We looked threatening for ten minutes after the red because we passed it about but then panic set it when they see Rankine up front and just resort to hoof ball.

Boreham Wood are as bad as us but I can't see Halifax or Torquay getting less points than us from here. 

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »

Fair point, but we turned it in to a game of head tennis when they were sh*tting if and preparing to dig in for a draw which would have done us. I'm absolutely raging because as im sure everyone saw on tv, they were utter sh*t.Nothing less than a win on Monday.

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 03:08:24 PM »

I expected a loss today, it just makes it harder that we lost against 10 men. We still need to win our home games, so it's as you were really. If we fail to beat Southport, I'd say it's curtains though.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 03:12:02 PM »

Even if we agree tactics were wrong - we still got chances and didn't take them. They had one chance and they took it. Result = we threw 3 points away.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »

Just glad I didn't travel. It was bad enough watching that on TV in the warm, without freezing my nuts off at the Shay.

I said last week that we shouldn't get over excited after beating an incredibly poor Aldershot. I will be at Kidderminster, though I really believe I'm wasting my time and money.

ToffeeBlue

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »

Never 'went for it'.  Was a game not to lose, and certainly against ten men.  :-\

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 03:32:17 PM »

Even if we agree tactics were wrong - we still got chances and didn't take them. They had one chance and they took it. Result = we threw 3 points away.

No we didn't. We never took a lead. We threw one point away. Three were there for the taking.

I'm not a Sinnott basher, but wtf was he doing passing the ball to the keeper after their man got red carded. Possibly the worst free kick I've ever seen taken.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 03:36:14 PM »

Just glad I didn't travel. It was bad enough watching that on TV in the warm, without freezing my nuts off at the Shay.

I said last week that we shouldn't get over excited after beating an incredibly poor Aldershot. I will be at Kidderminster, though I really believe I'm wasting my time and money.
may beat Kiddy as we beat Aldershot however we may have to be someone who isn't wank to stay up,and will that happen?

brian1925

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 03:41:54 PM »

Do you honestly believe we will win away?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 03:42:06 PM »

dover and southport currently one up , good news for now at least

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »

What was wrong with Crowther this time?
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 03:56:42 PM »

Baffling. They go down to ten men and we keep Moult sat in front of the back 4. I remember only one overlap run made by our full backs, it was shocking. No width for the majority of the game, closing down or getting tight to their players didn't really exist. It was right choice to bring Rankine on but why change our play to the ineffective long ball? Rankine has good feet and the 10 minutes before he came on we went through on goal 3 times from balls on he ground. Sinnott sulked when moved to right back and stood too far off players.  You would have not had any idea that they only had 10 men if you didn't know. They collected the ball and drove at us. We needed width to open up the middle of the park to take advantage of the extra man. Instead we played long balls, our wide players came in central and our full backs didn't even overlap. Moult acted as another centre back, we had the extra man?????? Just bizarre. Only Leather and Luca deserve credit. Again the opposition closed us down and simply wanted it more. We have far too many players who pussy stroll around the pitch. We always give teams yards of room. Negative tactics and lack of effort yet again.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 03:58:56 PM »

No we didn't. We never took a lead. We threw one point away. Three were there for the taking.

I'm not a Sinnott basher, but wtf was he doing passing the ball to the keeper after their man got red carded. Possibly the worst free kick I've ever seen taken.

Agree it was poor but if we're singling out players Ginnelly has got to do better with the chances he had. We could have been out of sight in the second half. He's been outstanding since he's come in though so I'll let him off but we need to be so much more ruthless in front of goal as a team.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 04:08:19 PM »

Dover 4-0 at half time we are up to 20th
Harold
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shambles