News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturdays ref

Author Topic: Saturdays ref  (Read 1436 times)

seasonticket

Saturdays ref
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:00:54 AM »

Many things have been said, in several threads on this forum, on the main web site and in the press, about the referee's lack of control and allowing Mansfield to continually foul unpenalised.
OK our players should not have reacted as they did and the red cards were correct for their actions.
However lets look at this a little closer. Almost every report says about the incident when Senior got his red that Clee retaliated with a bad tackle after not getting the decision for a 'foul' seconds earlier. It has also been stated that Doughty kicked out after 'being fouled yet again' for his second yellow. Surely this indicates that the original cause of these cards was the referee. If he had taken action for the first foul the second third etc. would not have happened.
Someone suggested on one thread that Clee should have been sent off for his bad tackle. If that is so the earlier reckless tackle in front of the main stand by Mills on Denham should have also been a red. I also thought that refs were supposed to book players for persistent fouling. If that is the case Mansfield could have finished the game with less players than us.
Finally I often disagree with the Non-League paper. Even they only gave this ref 2/10. (That must be for turning up). The NLP's foul count was 10 for us 17 for them. Had the ref blown for every foul (which in theory he should if not playing advantage) the count would have needed a computer to keep up and added time would have had us at Moss Lane until Sunday lunch time.
Non of this excuses our players reactions but maybe the standard of refereeing in this league is getting worse. Teams who play the over robust game should be penalised. Mansfield are not the only culprits in this league. But if we want better football we need better referees. Eventually if it continues with refs affecting game results (at all levels) people will stop going to matches and crowds will fall.
So the most important man on the pitch is, maybe, the ref, and the best ones go completely unnoticed.

fuertes

Re: Saturdays ref
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:00:57 AM »

I agree that a weak referee makes life difficult, but you have to work with what you've got. If he's letting the other team be too rough, respond with controlled aggression, don't run up to a lad then raise your hands - that's madness. Much as I like Chris Senior, he's a great player and real trier, I cannot condone what he did. It was crazy. The only person on the pitch who deserves more criticism is that idiot who went down so pathetically having been pushed. If I was dictator (and one day I plan to be) I'd have that lad shot.

I think a controlled, aggressive performance yielding a win/draw at Field Mill would make up for the result at the weekend. The way we played with just nine men suggests to me we can do it. Initially I was annoyed by the draw, and there's no doubt that of the teams available it was a stinker, but the more I think about it the more I fancy us to serve up a bit of revenge for their over-physical play and their manager's Billy Big Bollocks attitude.

Come on Alty.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »

Chris Senior deserved his red,Matt i am not so sure of as i saw the dab tackle on him(that should have been a red) and the next think Matts off.I was mystified.The ref should have been bravee and sent the Mansfield player of in the first have for his tackle,even 1 Mansfield fan said he was surpised that they still had 11 on the pitch after that.The ref was very poor indeed and he was more interested in off the ball incidents than anythink else in my opinion,though when a Mansfield player gave a way a free kick and then turned and told the ref to F**k off he let it go.Even with 9 men we were the better side and i still cannot understand how we lost it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:16:51 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

SteveStag

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »

Chris Senior deserved his red,Matt i am not so sure of as i saw the dab tackle on him(that should have been a red) and the next think Matts off.I was mystified.The ref should have been bravee and sent the Mansfield player of in the first have for his tackle,even i Mansfield fan said he was surpised that they still had 11 on the pitch after that.The ref was very poor indeed and he was more interested in off the ball incidents than anythink else in my opinion,though when a Mansfield player gave a way a free kick and then turned and told the ref to F**k off he let it go.Even with 9 men we were the better side and i still cannot understand how we lost it.

You lost the game because we scored two you scored one...

What ive seen of the standard of refs in this league he was no better or worse than any other

Its a shame senior from the word go was only on the pitch to have a go at the Mansfield crowd when taking a corner in the first 5 mins to smacking Perry all = early bath.....

See you all on Saturday week ! All + X = 46 away fans

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 12:12:03 PM »

You lost the game because we scored two you scored one...

What ive seen of the standard of refs in this league he was no better or worse than any other

Its a shame senior from the word go was only on the pitch to have a go at the Mansfield crowd when taking a corner in the first 5 mins to smacking Perry all = early bath.....

See you all on Saturday week ! All + X = 46 away fans

I can't decipher this pathetic post. Come back when you've educated yourself. The only person allowed to post near-incomprehensible stuff in our forum is Gunners11.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturdays ref