PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Feeling low tonight but we've got to regroup for Saturday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling low tonight but we've got to regroup for Saturday  (Read 6066 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:35 PM »

I can't comment directly on the performance tonight, the result however is bitterly disappointing. We can't sugar-coat it, it's a dreadful scoreline and it hurts like hell!

However, there is another game to be played on Saturday and we've got to try and keep positive and stay behind them. There is a three month break in the summer when we can talk about relegation if it happens. We can't just give up and "accept our fate" when nothing has even been decided yet.

I'm not trying to paper over the cracks and people are fully entitled to vent their spleens about our current plight. However, we must try and hold on to whatever hope we have.

Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling low tonight but we've got to regroup for Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »

i agree lets hop tonight was a one off i dont think we have played that badly for a while now - still a long way to go.

John W

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »

Lost for words after that tonight.  Will hope for something better on Saturday.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 10:13:19 PM »

We still have games in hand on Histon and H&Y so this result doesnt really change anything except one less game to get points from. We need to regroup now and with Carl back on saturday we should have a better shape. Still our bogy team Histon remain >:(  Usually do better against Kettering. ;D

bumble

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:24:12 PM »

First time I considering leaving a match.....

(ftr i didnt - but it was just embaressing to watch at times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:26:32 PM »

First time I considering leaving a match.....

(ftr i didnt - but it was just embaressing to watch at times)

Every time I have seen us play Histon it has been an embarrassment
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »

I've been nothing but optimistic about this season, despite the awful start, the poor performances home and away, but we really have to be honest with ourselves and say, If we play above ourselves we can compete with teams at this level. However, where we drop below the required standards we ultimately end up getting hammered. That is what happened tonight. Histon looked fitter, more passionate, hungry and willing for a relegation battle. We did not.

There are some players after the last week that should feel ashamed picking up there pay cheques! Some players are not good enough. I would name them, but we all know who they are. There are some players who are good enough and we know who they are. They are the ones that end up trying to do too much on the pitch (Clee for example) and there are players who could be good enough if they wanted to be (Twiss for example).

It's about time that each one of the players on that pitch/bench tonight, took a long clear look in the mirror and ask themselves. 1) Am I up for this battle. 2) Do I want to play for this club 3) Am I going to give it my all in the remaining games of the season. Only the answer 'yes' to all 3 is good enough. If you can't be arsed, f*ck off because you're just a liability.....

I know this is negative, but tonight for 80 minutes we were not interested. Histon since their point deduction have really gone for it. We look like relegation fodder. Some will come on here moaning about the ref, but what's the point! He didn't give some decisions. The offside goal was offside. It was my first thought when Reeves put it in. Other decisions on another day will go our way and a more regimented ref might get his cards out earlier!

At the end of the day, be under no doubt that i'll be there on Saturday in a game which if we turn up we can win, but based on tonight the players who played need to ask themselves a lot of questions, stand up and be counted, because in reality there is only Perigianni to come back in and only they can make the difference. We are 'blind' in our support and will keep going to the bitter end (Hughesy put it perfectly for me tonight 2 mins into the second half when he said "if we carry on like this we're fu**ed"). We'll keep believing. My question to the players directly and/or indirectly is Are you?

Rant over

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »

I was disgusted tonight , no passion, no skill , nearly left before end ,but will still be there on saturday surely cant play that bad again

Nonleaguer

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:07:49 PM »

One person sat on the bench in a similar fashion to the past several weeks is Danylyk who for one reason or another seems to have been overlooked since the Histon away fixture. Perhaps he does not fit Ken's way of play but the stats will show over the past seasons he has been both consistent and ensured that Alty have held their own and been part of two seasons finishing comfortably mid table. When on the pitch he gives 100 per cent and with his defensive play also shores up the defence. To have him sat week in week out with clearly poorer players on the field of play is nothing more than an insult and it's about time he came back into the fray. Perhaps Ken can allude to his reasoning for leaving him out and also the search for a replacement that evidently is not bringing results when other areas of the team need addressing here's a clue the DEFENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the onslaught of Ken fans who will be happily following him into BSN.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 11:30:50 PM »

Didn't somebody say the other day that Danylyk had been carrying an injury recently?
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 11:46:35 PM »

One person sat on the bench in a similar fashion to the past several weeks is Danylyk who for one reason or another seems to have been overlooked since the Histon away fixture. Perhaps he does not fit Ken's way of play but the stats will show over the past seasons he has been both consistent and ensured that Alty have held their own and been part of two seasons finishing comfortably mid table. When on the pitch he gives 100 per cent and with his defensive play also shores up the defence. To have him sat week in week out with clearly poorer players on the field of play is nothing more than an insult and it's about time he came back into the fray. Perhaps Ken can allude to his reasoning for leaving him out and also the search for a replacement that evidently is not bringing results when other areas of the team need addressing here's a clue the DEFENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the onslaught of Ken fans who will be happily following him into BSN.

He has been injured and his wife has had a premature baby - both of these are to my mind perfectly reasonable explanations!

TBH and I'm sorry this sort of post helps us not in the slightest. We are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes and TBH in most cases neither should we be. Picking out individual players either because they are playing or are not is divisive to say the least - I know I've done it in the past but I'm not doing it now

We are all in the poo together so lets stick together PLEASE??

markecky

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 11:58:03 PM »

Thats been building up a while hasn't it?  You've not done an anti McKenna post since the end of November.

Do you think the defence needs strengthening? Maybe we should try and get someone in on loan..maybe a youngster like Carl from Peterborough or an experienced defender like Greg Young.

I've really missed posts like this...its great news that they are making a return.

Tonight was a terrible peformance but with no Smith, Carl or Densore and Dootson in nets it what never going to be rock solid at the back.

As for Danylyk..he has been injured and his Mrs has just had a baby.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 12:27:30 AM »

I've been nothing but optimistic about this season, despite the awful start, the poor performances home and away, but we really have to be honest with ourselves and say, If we play above ourselves we can compete with teams at this level. However, where we drop below the required standards we ultimately end up getting hammered. That is what happened tonight. Histon looked fitter, more passionate, hungry and willing for a relegation battle. We did not.

There are some players after the last week that should feel ashamed picking up there pay cheques! Some players are not good enough. I would name them, but we all know who they are. There are some players who are good enough and we know who they are. They are the ones that end up trying to do too much on the pitch (Clee for example) and there are players who could be good enough if they wanted to be (Twiss for example).

It's about time that each one of the players on that pitch/bench tonight, took a long clear look in the mirror and ask themselves. 1) Am I up for this battle. 2) Do I want to play for this club 3) Am I going to give it my all in the remaining games of the season. Only the answer 'yes' to all 3 is good enough. If you can't be arsed, f*ck off because you're just a liability.....

I know this is negative, but tonight for 80 minutes we were not interested. Histon since their point deduction have really gone for it. We look like relegation fodder. Some will come on here moaning about the ref, but what's the point! He didn't give some decisions. The offside goal was offside. It was my first thought when Reeves put it in. Other decisions on another day will go our way and a more regimented ref might get his cards out earlier!

At the end of the day, be under no doubt that i'll be there on Saturday in a game which if we turn up we can win, but based on tonight the players who played need to ask themselves a lot of questions, stand up and be counted, because in reality there is only Perigianni to come back in and only they can make the difference. We are 'blind' in our support and will keep going to the bitter end (Hughesy put it perfectly for me tonight 2 mins into the second half when he said "if we carry on like this we're fu**ed"). We'll keep believing. My question to the players directly and/or indirectly is Are you?

Rant over

Have to concur with the majority of the above posting.

Histon had pace and movement.
Alty didn't.

We were laborious and well beaten and it should have been 6-0 to them, had they taken those chances during the second half.

Not sure how we will bounce back from that debacle, to be honest.

I'd swap Twiss; Beesley and Reeves for Histon's Riza tomorrow!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 12:32:06 AM »

He has been injured and his wife has had a premature baby - both of these are to my mind perfectly reasonable explanations!

TBH and I'm sorry this sort of post helps us not in the slightest. We are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes and TBH in most cases neither should we be. Picking out individual players either because they are playing or are not is divisive to say the least - I know I've done it in the past but I'm not doing it nowWe are all in the poo together so lets stick together PLEASE??

So, I take it that your written apology to Darren Tinson is in the post then...?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »

From my thinking and I would welcome your thoughts on this, but did we make a tactical error?

First half we played with width it seemed to me. We went one nil down and we packed the middle with little width. Did anyone else notice this or am I wrong (distinctly possible).

As for the comment about Clee doing too much I have to disagree, he was probably our best player on the pitch last night who ran and ran, but at the end was out of steam. He put alot of effort in.

In relation to the comment about Twiss I thought he played well, however had he gone down in the box instead of being honest it might have been a different story. Having said this I prefer the honesty as that is how football should be played, it is just a shame other teams and players are not honest sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team