Twiss?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Twiss?  (Read 4884 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Twiss?
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »

Don't wish to just single out one player as most aren't performing but twiss has had his chance. We have a much better player on the bench in jack, baffles me. Its goals we need, we are sh*t away! We need more in centre mid, give lynch a go in centre mid, bloody clee needs a kick up the bum to. Manager still ain't impressing me with tactics and team selection. We should be right up there, no excuses!

joe

Re: Twiss?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:47:45 PM »

I think it's very harsh to blame everything on Twiss. Were you there today? I wasn't but from what i've heard from people at the match the problem is far deeper than Michael Twiss.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »

Try attending some games before coming out with this nonsense, scoring goals isn't the problem.... Twiss has been fine this year, it's what's at the back thats the problem,and an uncomitted midfield

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »

Twiss bashing is so august.

Send Williams back tomorrow. I'll drive him.

The law of averages says that one of his passes must not go straight their midfielder even by chance. It's a skill to be that bad at distributing it.

We gifted them that game on a plate.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »

Twiss played ok in the first half. Ok, he missed a sitter but it was his strike partner that was woeful. I know reeves has a good scoring record but his control and general play today was awful. Hughesy is right in what he says with regards the midfield. Stevie Connors type player would be ideal. As for the defence, well I think we need a whole new back 4. Flynn has been a great disapointment. Slow, massively overweight and his distribution is pathetic.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »

I didn't go today so cannot comment on the match but scoring goals has not been a problem this season so the obsession with knocking Twiss is getting tedious. Defence is the clear problem.

dunhamalty

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »

I read the posts frequently but don't comment too much however  oneedham's last 4 posts have been all about how Twiss is rubbish, shouldn't start etc. Like others have said its the defence that needs fixing, we have been scoring frequently this season. I believe it is ridiculous to blame a 3-0 defeat on one man or if anything goes wrong its one players fault, come on....

Toppers

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »

we need twiss to hold the ball upfront... im not his biggest fan but with a small squad theres nobody else

markecky

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 09:16:49 PM »

Just to balance my earlier post a little, the other three members of the back four were as bad but with Williams its time and time again.

It seems that when we have a off day (and its usually away) the whole team do it.  Even Reeves touch deserted him today...

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »

Just to balance my earlier post a little, the other three members of the back four were as bad but with Williams its time and time again.

It seems that when we have a off day (and its usually away) the whole team do it.  Even Reeves touch deserted him today...

Even though I missed today, I still hold the view that we should be having a look at Witton's captain !

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »

amazing how after a defeat you can rely on the same people to post quickly always with a twiss bash and a sinnott not for me mention and then go missing during the following weeks when we win.

welocme back Mr Needham and congratulations on getting back from worcester in an hour.

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »

Anyone who heard George Heslop's match summary has the answwr to the problem, which seems to be not defending from the front enough.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »

Maybe we do not defend from the front enough but our centre backs are shocking (and indeed our fullbakcs a lot of the time too). For one thing they're just too damn slow!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »

Twiss Twiss Twiss - change the god damn record.

What I feel is that many people do not actually understand what he brings to the team.

You said you dont want to single a player out, then you go on and post about Twiss blah blah blah.

mikealty

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »

I've only managed to get to one away game so far this season (Stalybridge), and to be honest I think Twiss has been a reasonably good player from what I've seen, Admittedly I haven't seen enough away games, but surely he can't be as bad as some as you are putting across. Plus I'd still like to see him on the bench for one match to give Redshaw a start.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss?