PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Twiss....  (Read 3940 times)

bumble

Twiss....
« on: August 14, 2011, 05:28:18 PM »

I dont know if it's been mentioned yet but I thought twiss had a decent game yesterday. I know it's only the first game but he looked good, and took his chance.

He was also denied a goal with one of the best goal line saves I've seen in a long time

Long may it continue Michael

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Twiss....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:56:45 PM »

By the time the 3rd goalline blok came round I'd have probably started trying to lift it in the net rather than the same thing but apart from that a decent game.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:21:28 PM »

Had a good game and showed more desire than last season. Bet he still can't believe that goal line block.
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »

From what I have seen from Twissy since the start of pre season (and thats all his contributions) he has been a lot better than last season

Well done Michael

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »

My man of the match yesterday

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:54:09 PM »

Better than densmore and clee?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

chris888

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »

danylyk?

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »

How can the striker who missed 4 quilt edge chances be the man of the match? 2 were basically open nets, fair enough the blocks were immense but we need him to be much more clinical, would Mulholland who scored 40 last season have banged them in, i think so. Agreed he had a decent game and fair play to him, will find it much easier in this league against the far far weaker defences. Grabbed a goal and can see him getting 15 this year, not posted about yesterday so may as well add it here. One of the most gutting results ever, couldnt really believe it when the final whistle went and we had lost, we battered them, they were poor, very poor in my opinion and 9 times out of 10 we would have won this match comfortably, still cant believe we lost now. Came to the conclusion that we will easily finish top 6, sure things up at the back and we'll piss it, midfield was the strongest ive seen in a while, Dens and Clee quality, liked the look of Lynch, looks really committed and got about the pitch well, Summerskill not so sure obviously cant be judged on 20 minutes however. Signing of one more striker maybe and we'll be fine. Ryan Brown my man of the match, what an improvement from him, our left side looked class yesterday.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:10:20 PM »

Don't get me wrong Densmore and Clee were great, both got an assist if I'm right in thinking so? Danylyk also had a good game. For me the reason Clee and Densmore got the ball so much in the first place was because of Twiss, so I stand by what I said. He didn't lose the ball once and applied himself brilliantly for the full 90 minutes. He was so efficient in taking the long balls down and offloading them to Densmore, so Shaun also stood out for that reason.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »

How can the striker who missed 4 quilt edge chances be the man of the match? 2 were basically open nets, fair enough the blocks were immense but we need him to be much more clinical, would Mulholland who scored 40 last season have banged them in, i think so. Agreed he had a decent game and fair play to him, will find it much easier in this league against the far far weaker defences. Grabbed a goal and can see him getting 15 this year, not posted about yesterday so may as well add it here. One of the most gutting results ever, couldnt really believe it when the final whistle went and we had lost, we battered them, they were poor, very poor in my opinion and 9 times out of 10 we would have won this match comfortably, still cant believe we lost now. Came to the conclusion that we will easily finish top 6, sure things up at the back and we'll piss it, midfield was the strongest ive seen in a while, Dens and Clee quality, liked the look of Lynch, looks really committed and got about the pitch well, Summerskill not so sure obviously cant be judged on 20 minutes however. Signing of one more striker maybe and we'll be fine. Ryan Brown my man of the match, what an improvement from him, our left side looked class yesterday.

Quilts aren't known for their sharp edges. Think you mean gilt-edged. ;)

Doubt we'll see any new signings tbh though. And would Mullholland have been in the good positions and done all the lay offs Twiss did?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »

Think he has found his level ;)
Come on.

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 12:00:55 AM »

I wasn't particularly impressed by Twissy in the first half, although it was in no way down to any lack of effort and application, but he was very good after the break. I'd love to know what Lee said to them at half time (I noted he sent them back out two minutes early !) but whatever it was they were brilliant in the second half. More of THAT on Tuesday please !

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »

Quilts aren't known for their sharp edges. Think you mean gilt-edged. ;)

Thought maybe he knew something we didn't and that his prowess in the box referred to an anatomical rather than pitch area. Mind you four quilt edged chances would be supreme bed-hopping.

Very pleased to see that he appears to be a changed man and is getting some recognition for such.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »

At least we don't seem to have any...pre-madonnas in the team!  ;)
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »

Can we put this to bed now please?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss....