https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 goals
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: goals  (Read 9107 times)

andyc

Re: goals
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »

The majority of the high balls sent forward were contested by Aaron Burns. so I presume he was told to try and get a flick on or hold it up. So in my book a target man. As I said not the man to play this role. Obviously not playing high balls to 2 small front men would be the better option.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »

The majority of the high balls sent forward were contested by Aaron Burns. so I presume he was told to try and get a flick on or hold it up. So in my book a target man. As I said not the man to play this role. Obviously not playing high balls to 2 small front men would be the better option.

If high balls are played forward into the area Burns is standing in he is naturally going to contest the header against his opponent.

It does not mean that he was deployed specifically as a target man though.
Come on Alty!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »

As the subject of goals and target man have cropped up in this thread, a player who fits the bill is Matt Rhead currently with Nantwich Town (go on GH have a word with Kevin Street (asst Mgr) for a loan!!!!), coupled with Mickey Lennon (20+ goals EVERY season) they are a great combination. Note, Matt Rhead joined Nantwich after being leading scorer for Eastwood Town who gained promotion to Conference North.

Personally (we all knows it's about opinions)I think he could do us a job for a month no problem. He's about 6ft 5" and also has quick feet for a burly lad!
Feel free to refer to Eastwood / Nantwich forums for objective views other than mine!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »

As the subject of goals and target man have cropped up in this thread, a player who fits the bill is Matt Rhead currently with Nantwich Town (go on GH have a word with Kevin Street (asst Mgr) for a loan!!!!), coupled with Mickey Lennon (20+ goals EVERY season) they are a great combination. Note, Matt Rhead joined Nantwich after being leading scorer for Eastwood Town who gained promotion to Conference North.

Personally (we all knows it's about opinions)I think he could do us a job for a month no problem. He's about 6ft 5" and also has quick feet for a burly lad!
Feel free to refer to Eastwood / Nantwich forums for objective views other than mine!!!

We're not in the Unibond league or theconference of the 90s, the step ups in class are huge now. I can tell you Micky Lennon's touch wouldn't be good enough for the conference for starters!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »

When did you last see Lennon play? Presented with the sort of chances that Alty create he would net plenty. That said, I doubt whether Alty have the funds to meet what he is on so it's purely an academic argument.

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »

.......and there will be a definite vacancy for a target man once Nicky Clee's fit again.

P.S. If there's a humping vacancy, please short list me.

RocketDan

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 11:24:50 PM »

When did you last see Lennon play? Presented with the sort of chances that Alty create he would net plenty. That said, I doubt whether Alty have the funds to meet what he is on so it's purely an academic argument.

if he was good enough he would already be in this league.

RocketDan

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 11:28:48 PM »

I'd also have to suggest that on current form our two best strikers are Messrs Denham and Senior (cue indignant responses) However they are more effective if we don't hoof the ball up in the air.

current form being that little and johnson are injured?

Dale Johnson has the best touch at the club, can control, hold up the ball and bring others into play as well as anyone else in this league. If he is fit he must play, even if he doesn't score, he does so much more for the team.

As for Denham and Senior, i'm still not sure how well they play together and gel as a partnership. They are a bit similar in style and in my opinion need to play of Johnson.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 12:33:12 AM »

Last season.

Played with and against Micky since the days he was at Alsager Uni.

That ok with you 'Nonleaguer' ? ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 goals