Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 There was only one team going to win it at 3-3..

Author Topic: There was only one team going to win it at 3-3..  (Read 2905 times)

markecky

« on: September 29, 2010, 08:36:50 AM »

...and it certainly wasn't the mighty Kettering.

Stuck record now but the post starts the same.  Work to be done but my God, you can't fault the effort.  They just don't give up.

Kettering had pace and lots of it going forward and a great finisher in that JP guy.

It was ridiculous that we were powering forward at 3-3 and had two chances to win it and corners..

The whole team deserve praise.  It was just sheer hard work and Kenny tactics that got us through.

As for Kettering, I hope they leave half of their tedious fans in there when they bulldoze it.  

I've never been called a "scouse bastard" before.  Fat bastard, ugly bastard yes  but never scouse.

At last we get one up on fans like that with their going down chants.

I hope they give Maison the job full time...its one less relegation place to worry about.

Well done Alty.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
There was only one team going to win it at 3-3
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »

They had every right to sing going down seeing as they're  8th and pushing for the play offs. Oh hang on!

Jezza

Re: There was only one team going to win it at 3-3..
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:33:53 AM »

well when someone says to you "the alty really go for it" don't reply "dey do dough don't dey dough la"!....reminds me of droylsden who were convinced we all lived in wythenshawe!

We've always said we don't mind defeat but lets go down fighting!...and like last night at least by going for it it sounds like we actually had a chance of winning the thing.

well done ken and the lads...keep it up.....I'm so excited at the moment and can't wait for saturday....it's a joy to be alty at the moment.

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »

Stuck record now but the post starts the same.  Work to be done but my God, you can't fault the effort.  They just don't give up.

Kettering had pace and lots of it going forward and a great finisher in that JP guy.

It was ridiculous that we were powering forward at 3-3 and had two chances to win it and corners..

The whole team deserve praise.  It was just sheer hard work and Kenny tactics that got us through.

As for Kettering, I hope they leave half of their tedious fans in there when they bulldoze it.  

I've never been called a "scouse bastard" before.  Fat bastard, ugly bastard yes  but never scouse.

I hope they give Maison the job full time...its one less relegation place to worry about.

Well done Alty.
ecky u are the words most unscouse man alive!!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »

Well done Alty.

It wont take much bulldozing to flatten that fkn place... When I walked under the stand to climb the steep stairs to the stand with steep steps it was like walking through Dresden after the fkn war... Rubble everywhere. I am sure I saw a couple of German refugees under the stand. (or maybe they were two stewards)..

I thought FGR was a sh*thole but Wreckingham road surely runs it close these days...

As for the game...  Superb fighting effort yet again to gain a well deserved point and we were on top after we had equalised for the 3rd time..  There left back (Taylor) must have twisted blood this morning as Chris Denham turned him inside out on numerous occassions..

To be fair they were good up top but there mid field and defence were nothing to shout about..

If I am honest we did look a bit shakey at the back on numerous occassions but I am sure that can be put right.. The new lad should be ok once he has had chance to train with the squad...

65 of us there last night a decent turnout for a damp dank tue night,,,

R&D are next to come calling....

Onwards and Upwards

Cmon ALTY.....

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »

Well done Alty.

It wont take much bulldozing to flatten that fkn place... When I walked under the stand to climb the steep stairs to the stand with steep steps it was like walking through Dresden after the fkn war... Rubble everywhere. I am sure I saw a couple of German refugees under the stand. (or maybe they were two stewards)..

I thought FGR was a sh*thole but Wreckingham road surely runs it close these days...

As for the game...  Superb fighting effort yet again to gain a well deserved point and we were on top after we had equalised for the 3rd time..  There left back (Taylor) must have twisted blood this morning as Chris Denham turned him inside out on numerous occassions..

To be fair they were good up top but there mid field and defence were nothing to shout about..

If I am honest we did look a bit shakey at the back on numerous occassions but I am sure that can be put right.. The new lad should be ok once he has had chance to train with the squad...

Onwards and Upwards

Cmon ALTY.....

I didn't realise you were a war veteran Ray ;D

Greg Taylor played for England C against Wales U-23's at Newtown a couple of weeks ago!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
There was only one team going to win it at 3-3
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »

I read that about taylor last night and thought of ray's reaction! John Davison must be disgusted. For last night if their defence was even half as quick as their attack we'd have been snookered. But they weren't. Great to see Nicky Clee fit enough to cause havoc so late on

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »

Well done Alty.

Onwards and Upwards

Cmon ALTY.....

Sounds like the Pontins in Scouseport!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 03:34:10 PM »

Ecky,

Sorry to have to break this news to you....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kettering_town/9044326.stm

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »

Amazing stuff last night, I was glued to the phone internet in the pub....

It's amazing how far the spirit has come from Eastbourne both in the team and in me.

Looking forward to the Rushden game, I never thought I'd say that ANY season.

BRING ON THE ALTY!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team