News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FULL TIME FANTASIES

Author Topic: FULL TIME FANTASIES  (Read 1573 times)

taxi Phil

FULL TIME FANTASIES
« on: November 06, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »

I see that a certain North Eastern club in our League, who have pretensions to full time football, are worried that they have been unable to switch their FA Cup tie to Sunday because their neighbours across the river are playing at their rebranded stadium (at least it's not had six names in as many years like Darlington's !).

Vigorous publicity is being employed to ensure that "we do not suffer the ignominy of the lowest gate AGAIN". Since I don't see Brentford taking that many with them, I can see those fears being realised. It'll end in tears sooner rather than later I'm afraid - and that saddens me.

baldrick

Re: FULL TIME FANTASIES
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »

They will have strong competition from Accrington Stanley for the lowest FA Cup attendance award.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 06:20:12 PM »

They will have strong competition from Accrington Stanley for the lowest FA Cup attendance award.

And the results in reverse order are..........................

In third bottom place with 1379 - "The Club That Wouldn't Die"

Next to bottom with 1150 - just avoiding total ignominy - "The Club with Misplaced Ambitions"

But the winners, by a margin of just one, doubtless aided by the fans of the visiting "big club" whose manager thought the 138 mile journey affected his precious players....
With 1149 - let's hear it for a club whose home support comes ona skateboard - the one and only Forest Green Rovers !

Now who do I root for in the replay ? In the immortal words of Dr.Johnson "How does one choose between a flea and a louse ?"

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »

But the winners, by a margin of just one, With 1149 - let's hear it for a club whose home support comes ona skateboard - the one and only Forest Green Rovers !

Now who do I root for in the replay ? In the immortal words of Dr.Johnson "How does one choose between a flea and a louse ?"

I know there is not that much to do in nailsworth, maybe with the bad weather the locals couldnt be arsed walking up the hill. At least they wont get much revenue from the tickets. Sense it would be a bit of a derby for FGR against Bath.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FULL TIME FANTASIES