News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Droylsden FA Cup Saga Continues

Author Topic: The Droylsden FA Cup Saga Continues  (Read 3288 times)

DAB @ ALTY

« on: December 24, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »

According to BBC Sport, Droylsden could be thrown out of the FA Cup
for playing a player who should have been suspended.decison to be
made next week.

penfold

Re: The Droylsden FA Cup Saga Continues
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »

Serves Dave Pace right! He tried to cheat the previous game by pulling the plug so they could win!  :P They will be  booted out, it happened to some one last year can't remeber who!

bigcol

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »

Happened in the Scottish FA Cup both this year and last. One infingement usally means they have to replay the match, two is disqualified if their example is anything to go by.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 07:07:06 PM »

Bury were thrown out of the 2006 FA Cup for a similar offence.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »

Well it seems they won the extended tie and now play Ipswich. Good luck I say, better a non league side get a chance for some cash in my view.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 11:39:40 PM »

I suggest a replay.
Full time and proud of it

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »

as we know, the footballing authorities don't think about the rules and the logic of applying them to every situation.  They only want to know if a club is guilty or not, no interest in the context or details.

Rues is rules to them, and if found guilty out the bloods will go.

HallamAlty

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 06:43:46 PM »

I suggest a replay.

They've already played this tie four times!!!  The initial match was abandoned due to fog, the second attempt ended in a ridiculous draw. The replay was abandoned due to a "floodlight failure" and then the second try at the replay was the 2-1 win for Droylsden in which this guy shouldn't have been playing because he was suspended.

I don't think the world could take ANOTHER replay!!!!! 

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 06:48:13 PM »

I suggest a replay.

They've already played this tie four times!!!  The initial match was abandoned due to fog, the second attempt ended in a ridiculous draw. The replay was abandoned due to a "floodlight failure" and then the second try at the replay was the 2-1 win for Droylsden in which this guy shouldn't have been playing because he was suspended.

I don't think the world could take ANOTHER replay!!!!! 

Which game was he suspended for though ? Doesn't the suspension go to when the tie was originally scheduled ? I know it say's on the FA site, so and so from whatdoyou callit is suspended from all first team action from !! until the team have played ? games....

Theres an invention Mr Pace is aware of, that would have cleared the matter up in 2 minutes... I wonder if he's chosen his bridge yet ?

malcolm

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »

After the Floodlight failure the fA demanded a report from the Electric Board and they found a fault outside Droylsden ground, the Fa Accepted this.
What happened ( I think) with Newton. He got his 5th booking on the 9th so his suspention stars on the 23rd. The next game was the 26th and a fax and replay was sent stating newton will miss this game. 1 week later was the floodlight failure and the game being rearrangd for the 23rd but the club preumed the 26th was still the date of suspention. an admin error but to throw them out would be shameful.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 08:57:03 PM »

After the Floodlight failure the fA demanded a report from the Electric Board and they found a fault outside Droylsden ground, the Fa Accepted this.
What happened ( I think) with Newton. He got his 5th booking on the 9th so his suspention stars on the 23rd. The next game was the 26th and a fax and replay was sent stating newton will miss this game. 1 week later was the floodlight failure and the game being rearrangd for the 23rd but the club preumed the 26th was still the date of suspention. an admin error but to throw them out would be shameful.
When did the FA worry about shameful decisions? (eg deducting 18pts from Alty. Only deducting 3pts from AFC Wimbledon and none from West Ham and Accrington.)
They really should be beating teams like us

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 10:18:18 PM »

Cestrian Alty - yep...they don't give a monkeys about shame or logic.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 11:01:44 PM »

Even I can work out that a postponed game played between the 23rd and 26th would be the suspension. That won't wash at all.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team